Love Troubles

"These damn pheromones, it's hard just being in the same room as her..." Peter muttered underneath his breath as he released a light sigh and took another sip of coffee. When Peter set his cup back down, he noticed Miles giving him a strange look, something he had been doing quite a lot. Quirking an eyebrow in confusion, Peter got up and moved to sit down right next to Miles. "Hey, is everything alright Miles? You keep giving me and the girls a weird look."

"Oh! Sorry about that! I'm fine Peter, really..." Miles said, turning in his seat to gaze back at the kitchen. Watching the three girls chat and seemingly get along quite well, Miles' brow furrowed slightly. "It's just a little weird..."

"What's weird?" Peter asked in a confused tone as he took a sip of his coffee. "Is it something we did?"

"No, nothing like that. I mean you guys are super famous in my dimension..." Miles said, turning back around to face Peter. "But people have never seen you just casually hanging out with your wives likes this."

"*PFFFFFFFT*" Peter began to cough and sputter as he spat out a mouthful of coffee, luckily managing to avoid hitting Miles. In the kitchen, everything came to a screeching halt, all three girls overhearing what Miles had just said. After a few moments, Peter managed to somewhat recompose himself, still panting slightly. "M-Miles...what did you just say? I mean MJ and I are dating right now...but she's not my w-wife! Neither are Gwen and Cindy!"

"Huh? Really?" Miles said, now it was his turn to be confused as he looked between Peter and the three women in the kitchen. "Cause you four are all married in my dimension...along with a few other girls."

"O-Other...girls..." Peter stuttered as he audibly gulped, feeling three sets of eyes drilling holes into the back of his head. "This damn kid may have just gotten me killed!"

"Now isn't this interesting..." Mary Jane said in a tone dripping with venom, walking over to the table and roughly setting down a large plate full of scrambled eggs. The redhead's sickly sweet smile sent a chill down Peter's spine. Glancing over his shoulder, Peter flinched when he saw both Gwen and Cindy glaring at him. Soon, Mary Jane made her way to Peter's side and tightly gripped his shoulder. The wallcrawler hissed in pain as Mary Jane's fingers dug into his skin. "Please, tell us more, Miles."

"Oh...uh sure..." Miles said as he shrugged his shoulders, not noticing Peter frantically gesturing for him to keep quiet. "Well, in my dimension women outnumber men 3-to-1, so polygamy is a fairly common practice. My dad is pretty old school and ended up only marrying my mom, but I know plenty of kids whose dads have married multiple women. The Peter in my dimension is..." Miles paused for a moment as he stared down into his glass of juice. "...was...loved by a lot of people. Because he was so popular, Peter obviously drew the attention of a lot of women...especially the superheroes he worked with. So, it was only a matter of time before he entered into a relationship with some of them."

"Let me ask you something, Miles..." Gwen said somewhat timidly, walking over to the table and taking a seat next to the teenager. "Did...did the Peter in your dimension...did it seem like he loved the girls he was with? Or was he like a playboy and just slept around with a lot of women?"

"Playboy? We're talking about Peter Parker, right?" Miles asked in a confused tone as he quirked an eyebrow. Seeing that Gwen was actually serious about her question, Miles mulled over his answer for a few moments. "Look, I may be from a different dimension, but trust me the Peter I knew was awkward as hell when it came to girls. I think it's a freaking miracle he even got married in the first place. So no, he definitely wasn't some sleazy playboy. He only dated girls he genuinely cared about and had feelings for."