A Silky Smooth Rescue

(Half-Mile South of Alchemax Headquarters, Hudson Valley: With Peter, Gwen, and Natasha)

"Alright, let's go over the plan one last time." Natasha said, turning on a holographic display that showed the blueprints to the Alchemax building. "Remember, these plans are only for the main building, I have nothing regarding the hidden lab. So, you'll be going in blind unless I can find those blueprints hidden somewhere within their system." Seeing both Peter and Gwen nod their heads, Natasha continued going through their infiltration plan. "Using the forged IDs we got from Tony, I'll pose as an employee and gain access to the security office. While I'm doing this you two will enter through the ventilation system and wait for my signal." Opening up a separate screen, Natasha pointed towards an image of two guards who appeared to be protecting an empty hallway. "Once I get control of the security office I'll switch off the cameras and open the hidden entrance that is in this hallway, that will be your signal to move. You two will need to act quickly and quietly to take out those guards. This whole plan goes down the drain if they manage to set off an alarm or call for help. If we're caught they'll scrub everything in that lab and possibly even kill Cindy, so we need to do this right on the first try. Once you two get into that lab, you'll pretty much be on your own, but I'll try to get down there and help if I can. Locate Cindy as fast as possible and get her out of there. Do you all understand what needs to be done?"

"Got it!" Peter said with a small grin before he gave a thumbs up and slipped on his mask. "I'm ready if you guys are! How about you, Gwen?!"

"Yeah...yeah...I got this..." Gwen said in a nervous tone, taking a deep breath and putting on her mask, flipping up her hood as well. "Let's get this done."

"Well, if everyone is good to go, let's get this mission started." Natasha said, sparing a glance back at Gwen before opening the doors to the van they were in. "Remember, once you two get inside, wait for my signal. We can't jump the gun on this job, Cindy's life is at stake."

"Understood." Gwen said as she hopped out of the van first, doing a few quick stretches to limber herself up. "We got this...everything will go according to plan..."

"We'll see you inside, Natasha." Peter said, moving to exit the van as well, but he was stopped when the redhead grabbed his arm. "Huh, what's up Natasha?"

"Keep a close eye on her." Natasha whispered in a quiet tone so that Gwen wouldn't hear, as she pulled Peter closer towards her. "I know you saw it too, the jitters and nervous energy...I've seen it a hundred times before...that girl is freaking out right now. I won't ask you to make her stay behind, but just be careful and make sure she doesn't do anything reckless...maybe talk to her a bit, give her some encouragement, that might help."

"Yeah, I did notice that..." Peter said, letting out a light sigh as he looked over at Gwen, who was nervously messing with her web-shooters. "Don't worry, I'll keep a close eye on her."

"Good." Natasha said with a smile as she patted Peter on the cheek. "Now get going, we're on the clock."

"On it." Peter said with a light chuckle, flipping out of the van and landing next to Gwen, causing her to jump in surprise. Placing a comforting hand on Gwen's shoulder, Peter pointed towards the treeline to their right. "We'll use those trees to swing closer to the building, then make our way into the vents from the roof." Giving Gwen's shoulder a reassuring squeeze, Peter got a running start and jumped into the air, firing a line of webbing at the closest tree, before zipping into the treeline. "Don't worry Gwen, we got this in the bag!"