eight

I wake up in the infirmary, Xavier sitting next to the bed in the chair. His coat was off and he was looking intently at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I told you to stay away"

"If I had you would've gotten flattened" he says confused.

"Because of me you almost got hurt" I quip

"But I didn't, and you didn't."

I go silent and stare at my hands.

"What did you do?" Xavier mumbles

"What?" I ask

"Wednesday said something about a murder, what did you do?" He says more clearly

"When I get upset the weather can do scary things. A few years ago I was at a middle school dance and this boy tried to come onto me and I got upset then a tree fell through a roof and impaled him" I try to remain calm.

I refuse to make eye contact with him in fear I might hurt him.

"Listen y/n that could be just a coincidence" Xavier tries to explain.

"It's happened more than once Xavier!" I raised my voice.

Suddenly the windows shatter entirely. I watch Xavier duck and cover the back of his neck.

"Xav, are you alright?" I ask, concerned.

"Yeah, i-i-m fine" he stutters.

I take the iv out of my arm and grab my backpack.

"You can't leave" Xavier yells

"I need to go" I yell back.

I leave out the back entry of the school and run straight for the woods.

Surrounded by nature should surely calm me down. I walk into the heart of the woods and slide down a front of the tree. I bring my knees to my chest and huff.

I hear leafs and twigs snapping from behind me. I turn around too see behind the tree and find nothing. I turn back around in relief but I'm greeted with a face of a monster.

"Holy shit" I curse and fall back against the tree.

I feel the saliva from the monsters mouth slowly drip into my head.

The monster growls making me scream. The roots of the tree come out of the ground and surround me, creating a cage and protecting me from the monster.

"Y/n!" I hear Xavier yell.

The monster grumbles and starts sprinting towards Xavier.

"No!" I scream

More roots shoot out of the ground and wrap around the monster, holding him to the ground.

I hear Xavier yell my name again. Too stunned in fear and shock I don't move.

"Y/n, hey how do I get you out of here?" Xavier panics.

He tugs at the roots not being able to move them to get to me.

I grab onto the roots and feel them crumble at my touch.

"What the fuck was that?" I ask

"I don't know but we must go before he wakes up" Xavier said.

He pulls me out of the root cage and takes me back to the school.

-

"There must be something here" I say as I scan the shelves of the old library.

"Y/n your not going to find it here" Xavier mumbles