Chapter 8

The flashback from the events earlier kept replaying in my mind while I slept. The next thing I knew I woke up sweating and and terrified, I sat up and tried to calm down. Jamie grabbed me "Hey are you ok?""I think so, it kept replaying in my mind over and over again." "I don't know if you noticed but you're crying" Jamie said as he wiped my tears. "I didn't even know, thanks for pointing it out" I said and laughed a bit. I looked over at my calendar. Sunday. I knew what that meant. Reagan family dinner. If you don't know what that means every Sunday the Reagan family has a dinner with everyone. To put it very shortly, I've only been a couple times but they give first timers a hard time. 

I looked over at Jamie. "Hey it's Sunday don't you have family dinner here soon?" I said looking at the clock reading 2:30 pm. "Yeah, why don't you come with?" He said looking at me with a smirk. "Jamie, I haven't been at a family dinner with you guys in forever. I don't know" "Come on. It'll be fun! My dad hasn't seen you in forever" "I mean I guess you're right. Fine Reagan I'll go" "Good! Now go get all ready to go and don't look to pretty" Jamie said then came over and kissed my forehead. "No promises Jamie" I looked at him admiring his perfect features. 

I went and quickly took a shower, got dressed in a pair of leggings and was trying to find Jamie's sweatshirt he had left. "Reagan?" I yelled. Jamie comes into the room noticing I'm only wearing leggings and my bra. "Uhhhh yeah" He said while blushing. "Have you seen your sweatshirt you left here the other night? Also my eyes are up here" I said. "Isn't this it?" He said holding the shirt I wanted. "YES! Thank you!" I said and kissed his cheek. I put his sweatshirt on and sprayed a little perfume. "How do I look?" I asked. "Amazing, I told you not to look too pretty" He said grabbing me. "Whatever Jamie" I said as my gase met his. I snapped out of it . "Hey we gotta go! I know how Frank gets if people are late." "Yeah you're right" Jamie said as we left the house. 

Frank Reagan. Police commissioner of New York City, also father to all of the Reagan kids. That man is my second father. My father left us when I was quite young and Frank filled that hole in my heart. My mom and Mary were very close until she passed away. The Reagan's are my family, I'm very thankful for them. I walk outside to see the 1971 chevelle he's had since high school. "You still have the chevelle Jamie?" I asked. "Yeah haven't gotten rid of it yet, don't plan to either." Jamie said. "Jamie we have got to go, your dad is gonna get worried." I said "He'll be fine.He usually is ok if people are late" "Yeah but not extremely late Jamie" "We aren't that late" "Whatever you say" I said. We headed towards the Reagan household, I didn't live to far from Frank and Henry. Only a couple blocks away, I had noticed when I had moved into my house.