Chapter 35

I stood there for a minute watching her argue with Danny tears glossed over my eyes. Henry put his hand on my back and led me into the living room with Jamie and Frank. I sat down next to Jamie. "Jameson, I understand you are frustrated but Danny has it under control." Frank said trying to calm him down. "She set up MaKenna's beating, how am I supposed to forgive someone who is so heartless to do that to their OWN flesh and blood." "I agree with Jamie on this Francis." Henry said. I sat there still in silence and tears streaming down my face. I jumped at the sound of the door slamming and watched Danny walk into the room. Danny sat down next to me on the couch and placed a hand on my back. "How are you doing kid?" He asked me. "I don't know. I don't know whether to be upset or angry. I just don't know." I said wiping my face. "You have every right to be upset, angry, sick whatever you feel at this moment. What she did to you was wrong on so many levels." "I just don't understand how she could do this to me, and Jamie." I said my voice breaking. 

I looked over at Jamie whose face was red from anger I placed my hand on his arm. "Jamie, it will be ok. Danny will get them both, no reason why she needs to be a free woman when she's the one who wanted her hurt in the first place." Henry said trying to cut through the tension in the room. "It's the fact she set it up and let it happen is what upsets me pop." Jamie said still looking at the ground. "I heard Simon has been running around with some gang that his brother is in. The way people get in is by going after young females beating them and leaving them for dead." "You think my mom was trying to get into that gang, Danny?" I asked trying to put any pieces I could together. "Oh a gang is after her now?" Jamie said getting up starting to pace around. "We don't know anything yet, Jackie and I will try and investigate more in the morning. As for right now I think we all need to go to bed and relax from this nightmare of a day." Danny said trying to get Jamie to calm down. 

Danny left and went back home, left was us four the way this all started. I was trying to calm down but I was so mad knowing what I did. "Jameson." Frank said. Jamie ignored him, I looked at Frank and Henry. Frank gave me the ok to try and get his attention, I understood that Jamie was upset I just wanted to help him. "Jameson Reagan, I understand you are upset but pacing and wanting to go after someone isn't the way to help." "I don't want to go after anyone Kenna." "Jamie, you are worrying and stressing, I need for you to sit down and talk to me ok? You acting like this isn't going to make it better. You've been acting like a hot head all evening." I said getting up grabbing his arm. "I'm not acting like a hot head, if anyone is it's Danny." "Jameson Reagan sit your ass down before I make you." I snapped. He looked at me confused and sat down. "Excuse my little outburst there Frank and Henry. My apologies." I said as I sat down next to Jamie. "It's ok Kenna, it's obvious he won't listen to anyone else." Frank said. "He's stubborn, just like the rest of us." Henry said smiling. "I love him for it though." I said moving closer to him and putting my head on his shoulder. 

Jamie sat back and put his arm around me. "See you can be calm for a little while." I said. "Yeah yeah." "I'm heading up to bed, unlike you two I have to work in the morning. Goodnight kids" Frank said getting up and walking upstairs. "Goodnight Frank." I yelled. "Goodnight dad." Jamie yelled after me. "Ah the three musketeers. Kenna how are you feeling? You're looking like you are about to fall asleep." Henry said. "I'm ok, my head is starting to hurt it's not too bad." I said. "How about we get you upstairs and into bed?" Jamie asked. "Because I'm comfortable where I am thank you." I said. Henry laughed and asked "Are we sure she don't belong to us." "I don't know pop, she's pretty stubborn." Jamie said sitting me up. "Jameson." I said playfully hitting his chest. "What? I'm just saying." "If anyone is stubborn it's you." I said getting up. "Whatever you say." Jamie said getting up after me. "Goodnight pop." "Goodnight Henry. Thank you for letting us stay here." I said smiling. "Anything to keep you safe Kenna." Henry said hugging me before Jamie took me upstairs. 

We walked into his room and pulled back the bed. "I don't even remember the last time we've both slept in this bed together." I said. Jamie looked at me smiling. "What?" "Nothing" "Jamie what is so funny?" I said getting in to the bed. "It's seriously nothing." He said trying not to laugh. "You made it dirty didn't you? Well played Jamie." I said throwing a pillow at him. "I wasn't trying to, your wording didn't sound right." "Whatever. " I said wanting him to lay down. He got in and laid down, "Tonight was fun with the family." "Yeah, except your outbursts but other then that it was ok." "My outbursts?" "Yeah losing your temper with your siblings. Not to mention the way you treated Nicky after she asked you a question. That's not you Jamie. I know he's bothering you and I know my mom is bothering you but please don't take it out on Danny and Erin, hell or even Nicky. I'm only saying this because I love you and I'm worried about you Jamie." I said trying not to cry. "You're right about it all, I'm sorry. I just can't handle seeing you struggling with this anymore. It's hurting me to see you scared about being alone and I hate it. No matter what Danny and I do, He keeps getting to you." "It's ok babe, but now we are here and I forgot how comfortable this mattress is." I said laughing. "It is pretty comfortable." He said pulling me into him. "I love you." "I love you too Jamie." I said as he pulled me in for a kiss. We fell asleep, not knowing Danny was going to be delivering bad news in the morning.