Chapter 17

I got in and just slumped into my seat. Jamie grabbed my hand and held it. "Do you want to stay at my place tonight?" I sat looking at him, jumping at the sound of someone pounding on the window. We looked at each other then looked at my window. It was Danny "How come you guys haven't left yet?" He asked. I sat in silence until I got an idea. "You guys. We need to team up like we did when we were little." I said looking at Jamie and Danny. "What are you up to?" Danny asked. "Why do you think I'm up to something?" "Well usually when you ask us to team up, it means you're up to something." "Daniel Reagan, do you not trust me?" "Does it have something to do with Simon and your mom?" Jamie asked very slowly putting his hand on my thigh. "Possibly" I said moving his hand. Jamie gave me a weird look. "What is it kid? I don't have all night" Danny said. "Ok so you guys know how my mom said she was going to have Simon move into MY house?" "Yeah" Jamie and Danny said at the same time suspicious. "Well they can't necessarily if the locks are changed." I said with a big smile. "Jameson, I knew you picked a good one. She thinks like a Reagan." Danny said punching me in the arm.

Jamie started blushing like crazy. "What's the matter kid brother? Embarassed because you like her?" Danny said being the annoying older brother he is. I looked at Danny hoping he wouldn't spill my secret of liking Jamie. "Shut up Danny, and if I do like her it's none of your business. We need to focus on the main thing right now." Jamie snapped back. "What are you kids doing?" Frank asked us all. "Uh nothing dad, just catching up. Hey gotta run kid. Call me later." Danny said trying to cover his ass. "Kenna, your mom and Simon left. You can take your car home." Frank said opening the door to the chevelle. "Ok thank you Frank" I muttered out looking at Jamie. "Do you want me to come over?" "Yeah Jamie that would be great, call Danny to get the locks please?" I said kissing his cheek as he turned his head over to kiss me. I heard Frank whistling behind me. "Love you" Jamie said. "Love you too Jameson" I said as I walked past Frank.

He stopped me, "Kenna, you realize he actually loves you right?" "Yes, I know. He's been telling me all day today." "You guys need to tell each other how you feel because I'm afraid he might explode." Frank said laughing a little. "I think I will tonight. I need to be brave, but it's so hard because we've been friends for so long and then Sydney came along and pushed me away from him. I won't forget when he called me saying she left him for some job in England. It was heartbreaking Frank" I said looking up at him. "I know, he told me you came over that night to comfort him. He needed you and you were there. Not like she was when Joe passed away." "That was the worst night of my life. I hated seeing the family breaking, but also knowing we lost Joe" I said with my voice breaking. "Jamie and I stayed in Joe's old room laughing, crying, comforting one another. He told me something Frank." "What was it Kenna?" "He told me he didn't want to be with Sydney. He wanted to be with me, but he blew his chance. I had forgotten it until now. I think it was Joe bringing us together, he knew we need each other" I said wiping my tears. Frank hugged me. "He always knew Jamie wanted to be with you, but the Reagan boys are too stubborn to admit it. Now you need to go home, get those locks changed. Dad said Jamie already called Danny" "Don't I know it. Thank you Dad" I said. "Let me know when you get home kiddo" "Will do, bye Frank" I said hoping in my car.

The drive home was calm. I saw the boys sitting outside talking waiting for me. "I made it you guys" I said getting out of my car. "I thought you got lost" Danny said slapping my back. "Ok for one ow. For two, I need to take a quick shower before we do anything. I smell like a garbage can." I said laughing. "A pretty garbage can" Jamie said hugging me. "So charming Jamie" Danny said pushing us together. We went inside, I ran up stairs and took a quick shower. I let my wet curly brunette hair fall down. I went into my bed room and saw Jamie. "Jameson Reagan you scared the shit out of me" I said. "My bad, I came to ask a question but I forgot" He said as I was trying to find a shirt to wear. "Hang on let me go change into what I can" I said walking back into the bathroom. I changed and came back out to a very red Jamie. "Jamie do you have a shirt I can borrow?" I asked. "Yeah, what about this one" He said throwing it to me. NYPD. "Jamie is this the shirt you got after you graduated the academy?" "Yeah but I think it'd look better on you" He said blushing. I put it on and hugged him. He looked down at me with his hazel eyes that any one can fall in to. We leaned to each other, He place a soft kiss on my lips and tried to pull away but I grabbed the collar of his shirt and brought him back. "WOAH" Danny yelled as he came into the room. I jumped just about on to Jamie. "Are you two gonna suck each others face off or are the locks gonna get changed?" Danny asked disgusted. "How about we get the locks changed" I said peeking around Jamie.