Chapter 23

I got into the shower hoping Jamie got up to get ready for church, I got out and seen Jamie was putting his pants on. I dug around in my dresser to find a shirt to match my tight ripped jeans. "Jamie, have you seen your NYPD shirt?" "Is it in your dresser?" "No, I just washed it, I swear I put it by your duffel." I said turning around. "The only one is the Harvard one." He said reaching for his white button up. "Oh my god" "Did you find it?" "Yeah it was right in front of my face." I said putting it on. "You need to hurry up!" I said going over to fix his collar. "I'm trying calm down." Jamie said. I went downstairs looking for my shoes. I felt my phone buzz and saw it was Eddie. "Hey, what's up?" I said answering the phone. "Nothing much, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out?" "Yeah of course! I have to do last minute shopping for Linda for family dinner tonight! You can definitely come along." I said struggling to put my shoe on. "Ok see you soon" Eddie said as she hung up.

I looked out my window to see my mom standing there. "Jamie?" I said yelling from downstairs. "Yeah?" he said coming downstairs. "Look" "What is she doing here?" "I don't know meet me out there" I said heading outside. "Hey mom" I said walking over to her. "Hey honey, cute shirt who's is it?" she asked. "Mine" Jamie said from behind me. "Yours Jameson?" My mom asked him. "Yeah his, what are you doing here?" I asked as I saw a sliver porsche pull up to my house. "I just wanted to tell you Simon and I don't have to move in! We bought a house just a couple blocks away from you." My mom said. "Hey guys!" I heard Eddie say. "Hi Eddie, mom this is Eddie Janko, she's one of Jamie's buddies from the 12." I said. "Nice to meet you Eddie." My mom said disgusted. "Nice to meet you too." Eddie said. "Hey I gotta go, you ready?" I said looking at Eddie. "Yeah I have to go too." Jamie said following close behind me. "Kenna wait." Jamie said grabbing my arm and kissing me. "I love you Jamie" I said unlocking my white dodge charger. "I love you too Kenna." He said walking away. "I love you's?" My mom asked. "Yeah Jamie and I are a thing." "Since when?" "A while ago" I said getting in the car and leaving.

We pulled up to a red light. "Your mom doesn't seem to be a fan of you and Jamie." Eddie said. "Yeah she don't like him that much she only puts up with him for my sake." I said waiting for the light to turn green. "What mom don't like her daughters boyfriend?" "Mine" I said turning into the store parking lot."Well let's go tackle this list." I said getting out and heading in. Eddie and I got basically everything we needed. "What the hell kinda of pasta is she making?" Eddie asked. "Something with a special cheese." I said heading to the check out. We got checked out and headed back to the car. "What does this special cheese have to do with the dish? "I have no idea." I said getting in and heading home. We arrived at my house so I could drop Eddie off and grab Jamie's after church clothes. I looked and saw my mom was still sitting outside of my house, I looked at my phone and saw I had text from Jamie which means church was over. I called him, "Hello?" "Hey Jamie can you come over please? My mom is still here and I think she has Simon with her." I said motioning for Eddie to leave. "Ok we will be right there." He said as he hung up. Eddie left so I sat waiting for Jamie to show up. I got startled by a pounding on my window. "Danny can I help you?" I said rolling my window down. "Yeah get out." He said as I rolled my window back up and got out. 

I looked around for Jamie but couldn't find him. "Hey where's Jamie?" I asked as someone wrapped their arms around me. "Right here." He said kissing my cheek. "Hello Kenna." I heard from behind Jamie and I. I turned around and saw Frank, "Hello Frank." I said removing Jamie's arms from around me. "Well let's do this thing before Linda freaks out." Danny said making sure Frank was in front of us and him and Jamie were on either side of me. We walked over to my mom, Frank stopped in front of us, Jamie put his arm out so I wouldn't bump into him. "Mandy" Frank said. "Oh Frank how are you?" "I'm fine, what are you doing here? Especially with Simon with you?" "Just telling Kenna and her boy toy that I got place just a couple blocks from her." My mom said with a snotty attitude. I rolled my eyes and listened to her bullshit excuse. Simon saw me and rolled down his window and whistled. "I see you princess. Wish I could see you more." He said. "Jamie? Danny?" I whispered. "Yeah?" They both asked at the same time. "Do something." I said grabbing Jamie's hand.

 Frank gave the look to Danny to talk to my mom. "Ms.Newton?" Danny said coming around from Frank. "Yes Danny?" "You need to leave" "Why? I'm just telling Kenna the great news." My mom said sitting down against her car. "Because Ms.Newton, being here with Simon against the restraining order can get you both in jail." "What would I go to jail for?" "Loitering and Trespassing which are both misdemeanors. Simon will go away for violating the restraining order." Danny said. "You have two options Mandy, Leave or spend the rest of your weekend in jail?" "I'm not leaving." My mom said stubbornly. "Danny? You know what to do." Frank said as Danny called down to his squad. Soon enough there was four officers from the 54 at my house. "MaKenna you can't let them do this to me." My mom said over and over again. Danny looked at me for approval I nodded letting him know to go through with it. "Get them out of here." Danny said as the sound of slamming doors and sirens went away. I looked at everyone and fell back against Jamie.