Mettaton (Undertale) Headcannon #8

We're back to some Mettaton headcannons, y'all! This one is kinda interesting. To be honest, I wouldn't expect him to have any phobias but, this one seems to be possible. The suggestion came from a friend here, you know who you are. Still not tagging because I don't wanna bug anyone.

The phobia Mettaton could have is Athazagoraphobia, meaning he's afraid of being forgotten, forgetting something, or not being number one. This could also be true for Spamton but, I'll get into that another time. Now, why would it be likely that the sole star of the Underground have this phobia? Well, he always wanted to be famous, right?

When Alphys told him about the body she wanted to build for him, he saw this as his big break. He took that chance and didn't look back. But he left his family behind. Now, he puts on a fake smile and performs for a few thousand monsters everyday instead of caring for and breeding snails on a farm.

Why the fake smile? He's always confident. Maybe he lives with the constant guilt of leaving the ones he truly cares about. He wants to go back to them but, he doesn't wanna leave the spotlight. Now, stardom has pretty much gotten the best of him. He got caught up with being famous and forgot about Napstablook, Shyren, Aaron, and his friends in Waterfall. But if another celebrity tries to steal his thunder, he might hit his breaking point and try everything he can to stay on top because he doesn't want to be forgotten. He doesn't want to be treated the same way he treated his friends and family.

I agree with this headcannon because I believe even robot celebrities can have their flaws. He can't just walk around being a Mary Sue all the time.