Mettaton [Undertale]

Yeah, it's another Mettaton headcanon. I literally came up with this while I was finishing up my most recent art piece. Anyway, this does kinda involve dating and relationships but, I'm not editing that page today.

So, we all know Mettaton isn't the most masculine Undertale character. He may use male pronouns and EX may closely resemble anime men. But let's be real here. The dude wears high heels. He likes makeup, fashion, and the color pink. He can probably name every shade of pink. This should tell you he has a really good understanding of the insane demands and pressure society puts on women. Does he weaponize it? No, he doesn't. He actually stands with women and uses his fame to spread awareness. That's not what this is about, though. I'm actually here to talk about what kind of partner he'd want in a relationship.

I headcanon that he's pansexual and demiromantic. This means he'd pick just about anyone to sleep with but, only catches real feelings once a stable friendship or bond has been formed. All the fanfic writers will have a field day with this info, I'm sure. Anyway, while he is confident about the way he presents himself, he still gives soft boy energy to me. But that doesn't hide his dirty mind. So, he's a soft boy with some darkness.

Will this be dedicated to kinks? No, it will not. Get away, freaks! Again, this book is supposed to be clean. Based on what info we know already about Mettaton, he may look for the introvert with the tough exterior. That can come in different flavors. There's the "Anime Villain" and the "Cartoon Villain." Those two are my personal favorites. The "Anime Villain" is the cold-hearted, detached, depressed, or just plain stoic introvert with dry humor. The "Cartoon Villain" is the introvert who doesn't mind being who they are around the homies. They are loud, weird, wacky, rowdy, rambunctious, stupid, or all of the above. The best part is both of these introverts can be any combination of sassy, sarcastic, and caring while still being somewhat dominant. Why do I say this? Because Mettaton does kinda mention being a coward (Power of NEO by Man on the Internet). There's nothing wrong with being afraid sometimes. But you do have a problem if running away is all you do or dance around the issue. (Pun intended)

For example, Mettaton finds himself in a tough situation and his partner is with him. Maybe someone is trash-talking him or maybe it's an anti-monster freak. Who would be the first to make a comeback? Would it be the extroverted robot or his introverted partner? What would be said? Would it be effective? These are important questions to ask for any relationship. But I felt this needed to be discussed and I'm open to hearing your thoughts.