Prologue - "Levi."

༶•┈┈୨ 2nd Person POV ୧┈┈•༶

"Come back here you thief!" You heard from behind you.

Your eyes widened as you hurriedly clenched the small loaf of bread towards your chest. You stumbled your way through the dark alleys, running towards anywhere safe. It wasn't the first time you had stolen food; you had no money for it after all. Your pace quickened as you heard the man yell, "I saw her run that way!"

The Underground City, it was a city of filth and crime, resting below the inner walls of Wall Sina. It was hardly a place for a 20 year-old to be living in.

Your parents were out of the picture, the moment your mom had you, she walked out on you and your dad to seek shelter in the city above. Your dad cared for you till you were 14, it wasn't an easy job for him, but he devoted all his time into making sure you grew into a fine lady. On the day he had passed, he had told you how proud you made him, and you in turn promised him that one day, you would find a way out of the darkness.

It was a long shot, but you knew that you had to make it out of the filth.

You ran through the twists and turns of the dark streets, and the man's voice gradually faded away. You leaned against the wall to catch your breath.

A hand slithered over your mouth, causing you to jump.

With the bread under your arm, you forced the hand off your face and was prepared to fight.

"Oi, brat, didn't anyone tell you that an alley is a shitty place to be hiding in?" A voice drawled out.

You jumped and spun around. Your eyes met those of someone not much taller than you, and his steel-coloured eyes locked onto yours.

You continued to look him up and down. He had a grey shirt on which fit him in all the correct places. He looked to be not much taller than you. One, two inches perhaps? There were faint scars littered all over his arms. He was standing against the wall with his arms crossed. He was... fit to say the least.

It was those gray eyes that caught your attention however, as well as the fact that he looked... clean.

Too clean for The Underground, the city known for its filth, lies, and crime.

He continued to stare at you with a steely look in his eyes, like he was waiting for an answer.

"Tch, you're filthy." He muttered.

You shot him an icy glare, your E/C eyes boring into his.

"Whats your name?" His gaze shifted towards the bread under your arm, and he raised an eyebrow looking at you in a fighting position.

You gritted your teeth and responded, "Y/N L/N."

"Who are you?" You hissed without dropping your arms, well aware that this could just be a trick, and there could be perverts waiting to ambush you.

You swore that his lips twitched up slightly to form the ghost of a smirk.

"Levi."

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

A/N: Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'M SO SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS SO DAMN SHORT, I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO WRITE! 😭 (Ideas are welcome!!) I will try to make them longer as the story progresses. There will be many more to come and I hope that this story is to your liking. Merry Christmas!

Sasha out! 😉