Chapter 4 - No regrets

༶•┈┈୨ 2nd Person POV ୧┈┈•༶

⊶⊰❣⊱⊷ ~ Expedition Day ~ ⊶⊰❣⊱⊷

"Today, we take another step forward! Show me the fruits of your training!" Commander Shadis yelled.

"Show them the strengths of humanity!"

All the scouts raised their fists and cheered as the gates slowly opened.

You felt a gush of wind pour in from the outside world.

"We will now begin the 23rd Expedition Beyond the Walls!" Commander Shadis screeched.

"Forward, everyone!"

The thundering of hooves shook the ground as the horses raced towards the open gate.

You glanced at Levi, who was looking forward with a determined expression. Isabel and Farlan looked excited to see the outside world, and so were you.

Your horse passed through the gate, turning your surroundings temporarily dark. The moment H/N exited the Walls, you were immediately blinded by a bright light.

You looked up to see the sun shining through the clouds.

"Wow..." Isabel breathed.

You looked at her and smiled. You never knew that the outside world was such a beautiful place.

"Yeah. Not bad at all," Levi remarked, and went forward to his assigned position.

The scout who had coached Isabel how to ride a horse caught up with us.

"What are you doing? Stay focused. We're not out here to sightsee. There's no telling when we could run into a Titan," she lectured.

Isabel smirked. "Hah! If we do see one, we'll clean it right up for you!"

The scout clicked her tongue.

"Idiot!"

Isabel flinched. "You wanna be the first to die?"

Isabel looked at her offended.

"What's your problem?"

"You're only able to talk like that because you've never seen a Titan before. You have no idea how many good soldiers have been eaten..." the scout scolded.

There was a shout.

"TITAN SIGHTED!"

You looked towards the direction of the shout.

"Ahead and to our right! It's a 15-metre class!"

Your eyes widened.

"That's... a Titan?" Farlan questioned.

They did not look like what you expected them to look like. You thought they'd look like monsters only found in horror stories.

Instead, these Titans that were terrorizing humanity looked like gigantic fucking babies.

"Two 10-metre class Titans are heading towards us from behind!"

You heard a yell from the Commander.

"Prepare for combat! Equip your 3D Maneuver Gear!"

You watched as soldiers shot their hooks towards the trees as they leapt from their horses.

Flagon shot a red flare upwards.

A soldier flew towards the Titan, trying to reach its nape. To your horror, the Titan turned around and chomped his head off.

"Dammit!" You heard Flagon scream.