Chapter 7 - Trost District

⊶⊰❣⊱⊷ A day before the 104th Survey Corps graduate ⊶⊰❣⊱⊷

✦ ʚ On top of the wall, outer gate of Trost District ɞ✦

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅. 3rd Person POV  .⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

"Huh? You're joining the Survey Corps? Connie, you were so eager to join the Military Police!" A green-eyed boy exclaimed incredulously.

The boy called Connie looked up from setting up the cannons sitting on top of the wall.

"I was, but..." he trailed off.

A girl with black hair tied into two pigtails walked over with a grin.

"Your speech yesterday affected him, Eren," she smiled at the green-eyed boy.

"Shut up, Mina! It was my own decision!" Connie scoffed, a faint blush spreading across his cheeks.

"No need to feel embarrassed."

Connie turned around in surprise.

"It isn't just you," a sandy-haired boy walked towards them sheepishly.

"Thomas... you can't-" Eren muttered, but was quickly interrupted.

"Um, everyone..."

Everyone turned to look at the figure approaching them. Her hair was tied back in its usual ponytail, and Eren was quick to recognise her as Sasha Braus. Instructor Shadis had made her run rounds around the training field for eating a potato during their first day of training.

Sasha walked towards them with a flushed look, as she whispered in excitement, "I brought meat from the officer's storehouse."

A look of fear spread across everyone's faces.

"Sasha, do you want to end up in jail?!" Eren scolded.

"You really are an idiot!"

"Idiots are scary..." Connie added.

Sasha was still in a daydream, she was drooling and her face was flushed.

"Let's all split it... We can slice it and make sandwiches!" She squealed.

Mina frowned.

"After all the land we lost, meat is really valuable!"

Sasha reassured everyone that it was fine, and that once they took the land back, they could raise livestock again, which caused everyone to start thinking about her offer.

"I'll have some of the meat!"

"Me too!"

Eren looked at the group in worry, before finally giving in.

ʚ・୨  Eren's POV  ୧・ɞ

It's been five years since then... Humanity is finally regaining its dignity. We can win! Our counterattack has only begun!

A flash of yellow lighting interrupted my thoughts, followed by a shadow looming over us.

I turned around and found myself face to face with the giant that terrorized Shiganshina five years ago.

I couldn't react. I didn't have time to. A gush of steam swept my off my feet.

I watched as people were blown off the top of the wall, before feeling myself fall. I immediately shot my hooks into the wall and steadied myself.

"Samuel!" I heard Connie shout.

I turned around and saw Samuel falling to the ground.

Sasha was quick to react, she retracted her hooks and ran down the wall. She extended her wires, making sure that one hook was secured to the wall, and shot the other wire towards the back of Samuel's leg.

I watched as blood spurted out of the place where Sasha hooked into. It was better to be injured than to die.

"That was close..." I exhaled.

I looked towards the outer gate and gasped.

"The wall has been breached?" Thomas said in disbelief.

"No... Not again..." Connie breathed, "The Titans will come inside the walls again!"

── ⋆☆⋆ ── Flashback ── ⋆☆⋆ ──

I watched helplessly as I saw my mother get devoured by a Smiling Titan.

I will annihilate all of you!

── ⋆☆⋆ ── Present ── ⋆☆⋆ ──

"Annihilate all of you..." I exhaled, gritting my teeth.

"Fixed cannon maintenance team 4, prepare for combat!" I screamed.

"Our target is the Colossal Titan before us! This is our chance! Don't let it get away!"

I maneuvered towards the top of the wall, before landing before the Colossal Titan.

"Hey there... It's been five years."

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

A/N: HIII I FINALLY FINISHED THIS CHAPTER! Really wanted to write more but I ran out of brain juice. I haven't updated in ages I know but I'll try to figure this out ASAP! I love y'all so much thank you for reading till now! Also, should I start writing one-shots to keep y'all entertained while I figure this timeline out? Comment if you want some one-shots! (I take requests!)

Sasha out! ❤️