Chapter 5 - Breach

»»———- Erwin's POV ———-««

⊶⊰❣⊱⊷ 1 year later ⊶⊰❣⊱⊷

"Prepare for combat!" Commander Shadis instructed as the Survey Corps rode through the thick trees.

"We have one target... Defeat it, and make this humanity's first base outside the walls!" He shouted.

I looked up and saw the Titan.

"Target approaching!" I yelled.

The Titan approached us with big strides.

"Split into five groups, just as we practiced!" Commander Shadis said, "We'll be the decoys! Attack teams, with to 3D Maneuver Gear!"

The attack teams sprung into action as they shot their way through the trees.

"We'll strike from all directions at once!"

The scouts surrounded the Titan as someone went for the nape. He sliced through cleanly, and killed the Titan.

The Titan fell to the ground steaming.

⊶⊰❣⊱⊷

We rode back to the Walls grimly. This expedition had been catastrophic, many soldiers lost their lives to the Titans.

The front gate of Wall Maria opened, and the remaining of the scouts rode in.

There were whispers around us.

I looked up and saw a kid with green eyes admiring us. I quickly looked back down and couldn't bear to look him in the eye. We had lost many soldiers today after all.

The kid looked confused, and he turned to look behind me.

"These are all that made it back?"

"Everyone else must've been eaten. That's what happens when you go outside the walls."

I clenched my fists. If only they knew how much the Survey Corps risked for these expeditions.

"Moses? Moses!" I heard someone call for Moses.

An old lady stopped in front of Commander Shadis.

"Um, my son, Moses... I don't see him," she stated, "Where is he?"

Commander Shadis looked down at her.

"This is Moses' mother. Bring it," he commanded the scout standing behind him.

The scout dropped the cloth into her arms. Her eyes widened as she hastily unwrapped the cloth and saw Moses' arm.

"That is all we managed to retrieve."

Moses'mother sunk to the ground wailing and hugging what was remaining of her son. She desperately asked if Moses had helped humanity, if his death had helped everyone.

The commander stuttered that of course he had, and quickly changed his mind.

"No. Our recon this time didn't... No, we never... Never learn a thing!" The Commander broke down in front of everyone. He started saying that it was all his fault, and that his own incompetence had killed our men, and yet nobody knew what Titans were.

After he had calmed down and all the scouts had walked away, it was then the Commander confessed that he could not be the Commander anymore, and he passed the title on to Erwin.

⊶⊰❣⊱⊷

༶•┈┈୨ 2nd Person POV ୧┈┈•༶

"Wall Maria has been breached!" A soldier burst into the mess hall yelling.

You quickly looked up in horror.

"No way... That can't be!" You gasped.

Levi looked at you and raised an eyebrow.

"Y/N, you of all people should know that this could happen at any time."

You shot him an icy glare that shut him up immediately and continued to listen to what the scout has to say as Erwin stepped into the mess hall.

"Wall Maria has been breached, the Titan called the Collossal Titan has broken the outer gate and an Armoured Titan has rammed the inner gate!" Erwin's voice boomed throughout the mess hall.

There were whispers amongst the scouts, wondering what the Collossal and Armoured Titan was, which Erwin proceeded to explain.

Everyone listened attentively as Erwin continued to explain the situation, and how the remaining population has retreated within Wall Rose.

You glanced down at your lap. This was certainly going to be a devastating blow to the remainder of humanity, taking into account how many people would be able to fit within Wall Rose comfortably.

Erwin instructed the Survey Corps to prepare for battle, and that you would be going to Wall Maria to scout for damage.

Everyone stood up grimly, prepared to fight as humanity's last hope of living.

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

A/N: HI GUYS!!! I'm so SO sorry I haven't updated in 2 weeks, the holidays just ended and I'm still adjusting back to school. I'm really sorry that this chapter is really fucking short the AOT timeline is so messed up and there isn't a filler as to what the Survey Corps did within those 3 years the recruits trained! Again I'm so sorry I haven't updated I PROMISE I'll update more this chapter was just really hard to write cause of the timeline! Thank you for reading so far!

Sasha out!  ೃ⁀➷