▫️Chapter 20▪️

☹

Way back whenever, probably early 1700s, there was a whole ship of British-Americans. The ship was called, 'Miss. Moonflower'. It was huge, and there were British people inside. Yeah, British people. Ew. Just kidding, for now.

They were sailing the seas to search for a new land, which should sound very familiar, no? After months of searching, they found the large island now known as the continet of Sphestin.

Little did they know, the natives of Sphestin were hybrids, half human half something else entirely. The whole land was populated by hybrids.

At first, the two lived in relative harmony, only ever communicating with each other if needed. Everything only went down hill when a young woman and one of the red fox hybrids were caught with each other, resulting in both sides questioning wether or not the two should even be friends let's alone lovers.

The sudden thought gained almost instant responses from the fully humans, they said it was somewhat like beastiality. Then, some low-life then made the connection that, since hybrids are technically half animal of some sort, they should be treated as animals.

Others had the idea that hybrids could even be domesticated, kept in their own homes as a pet, and even treated as slaves.

This only resulted in high tensions, humans have gone as far as kidnapping hybrid children and raising them like domesticated dogs or cats. Dog, cat, and fish hybrids were high in popularity at the time.

When more hybrid children started turning up missing, hybrids only turned to humans with disgust and anger.

It was one execution that set a whole war into motion.

A teenaged cat hybrid, only 15 in human years. She was caught stealing. As a result, due to her lack of rights, the only two options for her were to be adopted, or killed off.

No one wanted her.

She was hung as of August 21st, some time in the late 1700s.

The news spread, and hybrids caught wind of this. The final straw had broke, and without warning the hybrids struck. August 26th, a majority of the humans had been killed off before they started to fight back. Men and women alike had to fight.

And somehow, with some sort of twisted luck, the humans had won. How they won specifically couldn't be told, the multiple renditions of how it went were inconsistent.

Hybrids hid away from humans, teaching future generations that humans were the bane of existence and to stay away from them.

Very few refused to comply.

They ventured too far out, and got captured. Due to tight slavery laws at the time, they were kept and treated like nothing. From the war, they weren't treated as pets let alone high in popularity.

Prices lowered, and as a result horrid people started to get access to them.

People of higher power started to take notice, but very few started to do something about it. There were small groups of people who would band together to help capture and release hybrids to their original homes.

They would call themselves 'The Inbetweens'.

As time went on, The Inbetweens only got larger and larger, and soon the whole kingdom called Luyica, Eret's kingdom, abolished slavery and the hunting and selling of hybrids, finally allowing hybrids to be official citizens of Luyica.

Not soon later, the most southern kingdom- Isalon - also abolished slavery.

One kingdom was left. SBI.

At the time, SBI kingdom was well known for staying out of a lot of political topics, to the point where they kept slavery and the banning of hybrid citizens for centuries.

And this very thing, the banning of hybrid citizen ship and the fact that they kept slavery snipped the final chord keeping everything together.

Hybrids decided to fight. They refused to see their own kind continue to get chastised and brutalized and treated like slaves.

And now, it's present time. 20XX.

The only difference is that Prince Wilbur had gotten a heads up.

---

Some quick history and official names. Anywho, how are ya'll?

DATE PUBLISHED: January 3rd, 2023
WORD COUNT: 685