Chapter 4

Songs: Santa Baby; Kiss You

Chapter warnings: smut! sort of. thigh riding, frottage, pet names

Veronica placed the last gift under the tree and stepped back, surveying her work. All the presents were neatly arranged beneath the decorated Christmas tree, wrapped with care by her and Steve, before he was injured. Looking around the room, Veronica nodded to herself, happy with how everything came together. The lights around the windows, the stockings hung over the fireplace, the tree in the corner lit up brightly- it all warmed her to her core.

A knock on the door interrupted her moment of peace and quiet, her dad jerking awake on his bed behind her. "Wha' the-"

"You fell asleep Dad, Bucky's here," Veronica said, walking through the living room to the front entryway, opening the door and shivering at the cold, but smiling at Bucky. He stepped inside, letting her shut the door behind him, unzipping his coat to reveal a soft pink sweater.

"Hey Vee," he smiled, eyes crinkling, and Veronica couldn't help the smile that overtook her own face, biting her lip to try to quell it. Bucky's eyes zeroed in on it, darkening a little, and she slowly released it.

"Hi Bucky," she grinned, tongue between her teeth as his breath hitched. Veronica winked then spun around and walked down the hallway to the kitchen, calling out, "I'm gonna start the marinade, you two do whatever!"

Veronica smirked to herself as she heard her dad call to Bucky, "Buck, come on, why do you still have your coat on? Get in here already." She went into the kitchen, gathering the ingredients she needed to make a marinade for some steak for her dad and Bucky, and a sauce for chicken for herself. She turned on Christmas music on her phone, singing and dancing along as she worked. By the time the steaks were in the fridge and she was washing dishes, she was making up little performances in her head to go along with the music.

"I've been an angel all year..." Spinning around, she nearly dropped the bowl she was holding when she saw Bucky standing across the room, grinning. "Oh my god! You startled me," she gasped, but smiled.

"You're pretty cute, you know that, angel?" Bucky asked, stepping towards her and taking the bowl from her hands, setting it on the counter behind her, bracing his hands on it and boxing her in. Veronica pursed her lips, tilting her chin up until Bucky pecked his lips against hers. She giggled and tugged on the hem of his sweater.

"So are you," she said, winding her arms around his neck, getting up on her tiptoes to kiss him again. Veronica grasped Bucky's hair in her hands, molding herself to his body as the kiss deepened, tongues sliding into mouths, his hands trailing down her back to cup her ass. Bucky squeezed, pressing her hard against him and she moaned into the kiss, Bucky hushing her despite still kissing her.

"Gotta be quiet baby, can't get caught, not on Christmas." Bucky pulled himself away, broad chest heaving slightly. Veronica's hands fell to it as she pouted, blinking up at Bucky until he groaned lowly and kissed her again, hands moving to the back of her neck, supporting her head.

When he pulled away a second time, Veronica let him go, her legs feeling weak as she used the counter behind her for support. "Holy shit," she whispered, and Bucky smirked, slowly dropping his hands from her neck to his sides. He slid them into his pockets as he shifted his weight, Veronica feeling a blush rise to her cheeks seeing the bulge in his jeans. She dragged her eyes back up to Bucky's, and flushed harder at the look in them, dark but controlled.

"Bucky, fuck, I wanna-" she started but stopped, conscious of the fact her dad was a couple rooms away. She bit her lip and took his hand, pulling him to the pantry, as far from the living room as they could be. Bucky immediately pressed Veronica up against the wall, his body a firm line against hers. She shuddered and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pulling him into her further.