Chapter 8

A/N: sorry it's been so long since i've written, but i really hope you all enjoy this new chapter! i'm working on the next one already so i'm hoping to keep this momentum going!! <3

songs: Stuck With You, Desire (slowed)
chapter warnings: wet and messy sex, daddy kink, D/s undertones, biting kink, 

Veronica woke up to the sound of Bucky's voice, low and gruff, a slight edge of tension to his words. "She's sleeping right now, but I'll tell her. I know...thanks, Sam."

Veronica blinked her eyes open, taking a deep breath and sighing, arching her back as she stretched, still between Bucky's legs. He brought his arm down, having hung up the phone, resting it on his thigh beside her.

"Hey baby, did I wake you?" Bucky asked as she sat up, yawning and pushing the hair out of her eyes as she stretched again.

"Mm..Did I hear you say 'Sam'?" she asked, leaning back against the couch, giving Bucky room to move his legs. He turned next to her on the couch, sitting side by side as he bent over, propping himself up on his elbows.

"Yeah, he wanted to see how you were doing, let you know he'll keep your dad from doing anything stupid," Bucky sighed, sweeping his hand through his hair. Veronica caught his hand in hers when he lowered it, linking their fingers together.

"That's good, I'm sure Dad's giving him a hard time right now," she laughed, then sighed. Bucky lifted their joined hands, kissing her knuckles.

"Knowing him, Sam probably gave Steve full permission to come kick my ass, then reminded him he can hardly walk even if he could get through the snow. Hopefully he'll also calm him down, talk things out with him." Bucky sat up and leaned back, resting against the back of the couch as he turned to Veronica. "Sam's probably the best person your dad could be with right now."

Veronica smiled softly, squeezing Bucky's hand and pulling it into her lap, wrapping her arm around his and laying her head on his shoulder. "Then I'm glad he's there," she said, leaning her forehead on his arm as she continued, "And I'm glad I'm here."

Bucky pressed his face into the top of Veronica's hair, inhaling deeply, smiling faintly at the scent of his shampoo on her hair. With a deep breath, he sat upright, carefully dislodging Veronica, dog tags jingling against his bare chest.

"How are you feeling sweetheart? Do you need anything? Maybe some water?" Bucky asked and Veronica nodded, letting him stand as she curled up in the corner of the couch. He pressed a gentle kiss to the top of her head and went to the kitchen. Veronica found the remote and turned the news on, watching the report on the weather.

Bucky came back a few minutes later with his hands full. He passed her a water bottle and small bar of chocolate, settling down on the couch next to her with fruit, a bag of popcorn, more chocolate, and another bottle of water. Veronica glanced at him with her eyebrow raised and he grinned.

"What? You never know, you might want something later," he laughed as he threw the blanket over both their legs, putting his arm on the back of the couch to create space. Veronica smiled at him, shaking her head fondly, before patting at her pockets, looking around next to her on the couch. "Looking for something?"

"My phone, I thought I had it out here," she muttered, brows furrowed as she tried to recall what had happened after talking to her dad.

"Ah, I think it's still in the bedroom, want me to grab it?" Bucky asked, ready to jump up, but Veronica shook her head, grabbing his hand and squeezing it quickly before releasing it as she crawled to her knees, pressed a kiss to his cheek, and stood. "I got it, thanks though," she said, making her way to the room. She found her phone on the nightstand, with more than a dozen missed calls from her dad, one from a number that must have been Sam, and two texts from Emma.