Chapter 13

warnings: phone sex, daddy kink, toys, edging, frottage, tit play, spit kink

songs: Fresh Eyes (Andy Grammer), Do It For Me (Rosenfeld)

Veronica woke up early the next day, feeling energized and refreshed for the first time in days. She bounced around her room as she changed, dancing to music playing on her phone. She continued her dancing down the steps, going to check on her dad.

"Morning Dad," Veronica said happily, leaning down and hugging her dad sideways, tucking her head on his shoulder. "How're you feeling today?"

"Better than yesterday, not as good as tomorrow," Steve said, holding a book, but leaning his head against Veronica's for a moment. "How are you, honey? You're up early."

"Yeah, everything's good," she hummed, standing up and going to the doorway. "You eat yet? I was thinking eggs and bacon."

"Sure, kid. Whatever you feel like."

Veronica spent the next twenty minutes getting everything made, some toast to go along with it, bringing everything to the living room and eating next to her dad.

"So honey, are you ready to go back this weekend?" Steve asked when they were done.

"Yeah, I'm all set, I did laundry the other day and packed everything else up, so I should be good to go. But Dad, I was thinking..."

"Nope. Not happening Veronica, you're going back," Steve said firmly, closing his book.

"Dad! I just wanted to see if maybe I should take the semester off, because to be honest, I don't really want to leave you while you're still recovering."

"Bucky can take care-"

"Bucky has to run the shop and you know it. And I'm scared to leave you alone, what if something happens again?" Veronica asked, memories of her dad coughing up blood still fresh in her mind.

"It won't honey, I promise I've been doing everything the doc said, I'll be okay," Steve assured her, patting her hand.

"But-"

"No buts kid. You're only a little over an hour away, if something happens, which it won't, you can come back no problem. You're not putting your life on hold for me, and you're not dropping out of school for Bucky."

"I never said-"

"You don't have to kid, it's all over your face. You're not stopping your life for us, understand?" Steve asked pointedly, staring Veronica down. She deflated, nodding slowly.

"I understand," she grumbled, sitting back in her chair, crossing her arms. Steve just laughed and turned the tv on, finding some old cartoons. They spent the morning that way, watching tv and talking, until Steve needed to rest. Going back upstairs, Veronica pulled out her phone and texted Bucky.

VR: u still coming over later?

BB: That okay?

VR: yes!! wanna see u as much as i can before i leave

BB: I'll be there as soon as I can baby

VR: love you <3

BB: Love you too

Veronica smiled, feeling giddy and a little reckless, she sat up on her bed and adjusted her shirt until the tops of her breasts were visible, and snapped a quick picture, from her lips down. She looked at it, making sure nothing was too revealing since Bucky was at work. She sent it to him after making sure she was still in their chat, having heard enough horror stories from her friends texting their parents, to know to double check.