Chapter 11: Maya Moves

Over the time Alison has spent in Rosewood, ever since Maya noticed her following Emily around, the two have hung out and gotten pretty close as friends. Maya even knows about her kissing Emily after the barn thing and she understood. Her exact words to Alison were 'how can I blame you, her lips are perfect'. They had even made plans for the three of them to hang out once Alison didn't need to be in the shadows anymore.

One afternoon, Alison notices a moving van outside of Maya's house. Alison sneaks inside to Maya's room easily, since it was her old bedroom. Maya is laying on the bed, crying.

"Maya?"

Maya whips her head around.

"Jeez Ali. You scared me."

"What's going on? What's with all the moving vans?"

"My parents found out about Lyndan trying to stalk me. I tried to reassure them that he can't get to me and hurt me but they won't listen. They decided the best way to protect me was to move to Hawaii."

Alison sits on the edge of the bed and comforts Maya.

"I'm so sorry."

"I haven't told Em yet. It's going to break her heart."

"You have to tell her, Maya. If you leave without saying goodbye, it will hurt both of you so much worse. Trust me, I know."

"I won't. I'm just trying to find the right words."

"When you see her, you'll know what to say."

They sit in silence for a bit, Alison allowing Maya to feel all the pain of leaving Emily behind without judgement. Maya stands up and dries her eyes. Alison stands too.

"Alison, promise me you will take care of her. She still loves you, so much. If anyone else is going to feel her love, let it be you."

Alison feels tears come to her eyes.

"I will always take care of her. No matter what."

Maya pulls Alison into a hug.

"Thank you."

They both cry. Alison is the first to pull away.

"I'm going to miss you, Ali."

They both laugh through their tears.

"Never in a million years did I think that two people in love with the same person would become such good friends. Take care of yourself, Maya."

"I will."

"Now go. Go to her. Spend as much time with her as you can before you have to leave."

Maya nods and they hug once more before Alison sneaks back out of the house.

Later that night, Alison hears Maya talking to Emily.

"Your leaving?"

"My parents don't think I'm safe here. I begged them to let me stay but they won't listen. We're going to Hawaii."

"What does that mean for us?"

"I will always love you, Emily, but you deserve someone who is here for you. Close by. Even when you don't know it."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying, don't give up on Alison."

"Maya..."

"Just listen. The reason I came back to Rosewood after True North was because of her. She told me that if I loved you, I should take responsibility for my actions and work to better myself to be with you. She told me not to make the same mistakes she did."

"You know Alison's alive?"

"Yes. And I know she's been watching over you. She's built quite the anti- A team to watch over you and your friends. We even hang out sometimes, which from an outside perspective seems so weird. We bonded over our love for you. The need to keep you safe. She gave me her approval to be with you. This is me giving you mine to be with her, when all of this is over and A is gone. I know you still love her. I know she hurt you but give her a second chance. The Alison I know is not the same one I've heard horror stories about. She's kind but not afraid to put you in your place."

The girls all meet outside of Maya's house to say goodbye. They all hug Maya and Emily gives her a kiss. As Maya gets into the backseat of her parents car, Emily notices Maya smile at something across the street and put her hand over her heart. Emily follows Maya's line of sight and sees someone barely visible in the shadows repeat Maya's gesture.