The Red Team Methodology

Weiss and Jaune were lost.

To be honest this didn't surprise Washington, as it seemed that they both had a terrible sense of direction.

One might think that they might cancel out each other and have a collective, decent sense of direction.

But it only seemed to multiply the troubles.

Also Weiss looked ready to blow a gasket the next time Jaune offered a suggestion and that would only attract some Beowolves, which would be less than ideal.

"Where. Is. The. Forest. Temple." Weiss said mostly to herself. Wash would offer a suggestion or two, but he only had a fleeting idea on the location as he was more concerned with the fact that ozpin used jump pads to get the student into the forest which he believed was probably not the most ethical or moral way of doing this. So he only had a small glimpse of the ruins themselves, due to his own distracted thoughts.

And of course the duo was going in exactly the wrong direction.

Also Wash was pretty much incapable of communicating with the duo in any way so there was that.

"What if we followed the trees?" Suggested Jaune only for Weiss to immediately dismiss the notion.

"Follow the trees? Are you brain dead?" She took a breath "we are in a forest and forests typically, are made of trees, you dunce!"

Caboose then chipped in his two cents, "what if we climbed the trees, then we can build a tree fort!"

Unhearing of Cabooses suggestion Jaune looked down dejectedly.

"Sorry."

Weiss was unmoved.

"one more useless suggestion and you will be gagged."

"Wait, what if we climb the trees? Then we can get a look from higher ground." Huh, that wasn't half a bad idea, good job rookie.

"Fine." Weiss said in agreement. "That idea isn't half bad, but you have to do it."

"Why not you?"

"I am the heiress of the schnee dust company, I do not go gallivanting around trees." Weiss said, looking indignant at the very suggestion.

Wash imagines that if he were Jaune he would have argued with the heiress a little more, but it seems that Jaune was either more chivalrous or lacking in backbone than wash did when he was younger.

"Right, ok." Jaune took a deep breath before looking at the various trees obviously looking for one to climb. but before he could choose.

"YEEEE-HAAAAW!"

The loud cry came from the right and was accompanied by the sounds of loud crashing and the sounds of breaking tree branches.

Without thinking Wash ran to tackle the nearest person (Weiss in this case) out of the way of whatever was heading their way.

Of course the expected out come happened with him simply phasing right through the heiress and head first into a tree. (Unbeknown to Wash, Weiss actually stumbled a little when he phased through her.)

Ow.

The new arrive made them selves known as an Ursa came running out from the bushes and tossed Jaune to the side.

Only for the beast to continue running head first into a tree, the person on it's back jumping off at the last second.

Wait what?

True to wash's sense of vision, a girl with ginger hair and pink (not lightish red) skirt came off the (poor?) Ursa's back and look at it disappointingly.