Aftermath, Before Biology

It was exactly 06:30 when Pyrrha woke up.

She didn't need to check the time to know this, as it had been routine for her ever sense she competed in her first tournament all those years ago.

Her life before she entered those tournaments seemed like it belonged to a completely different person.

A person who liked waking up at one in the afternoon after staying up at night.

A person who loved hanging out with her friends.

A person who had a simple life.

Before she won the mistral regional tournament at age 13.

Before she became famous.

Before she lost all her friends due to said fame.

Before she lost a normal life.

Still beacon, she told herself, would be different.

Here her fame wouldn't matter. She would make new friends and live the life of a huntress.

Still some things never change.

So awake at 06:30 on the dot.

As she opened her eyes, Pyrrha got up and slowly looked at the clock on the wall.

06:30

Well she was probably the first one up so it would be best to hit the showers.

The team had been exhausted by time they had reached their new room so not much had been done apart from putting all of the luggage in the corner to be unpacked.

Figuring that it would be good idea Pyrrha pulled herself up out the bed and started to make her way to the showers only to notice something strange.

She wasn't the only person awake.

Her new partner and team leader Ruby was doing push ups at the foot of her bed, still in her own pyjamas, while listening to music on her headphones.

"Ruby?"

Her team leader didn't hear her.

Going for a more direct approach she tapped Ruby's shoulder, causing the team leader to jump right out of her skin and roll onto her back.

"Pyrrha!" Ruby pulled down her headphones. "Don't scare me like that!"

Pyrrha gave a small chuckle, "Sorry." She apologised.

"What are you doing up?" She followed up.

"Just some exercises." Ruby explained sheepishly, "Usually it'd just be a run but well i haven't really explore Beacon yet, so I thought why not push ups.?"

"Keeping in shape is admirable." but Pyrrha had a concern, "But isn't this a little early?"

"Nah, it's fine" Ruby wave away, "I've done it for a few yes now, ever sense met a-

Then Ruby cut herself off which only ignited Pyrrha's curiosity.

"Met who?"

"He was a-free-i mean a sol-" Ruby took a moment to collect herself. "He was an war vet, he really pounded into me, the idea of constant training and an early rise."

"B'sides i only got up half an hour ago." Ruby finished with a mumble.

"Alright Ruby, would you like to take a shower now?" Pyrrha asked.

"Nah, you can go first Pyrrha, I wanna finish my exercise anyway."

Nodding Pyrrha went to her first suitcase and extracted one of her uniforms before going to the bathroom and locking the door.