Showdown By The Docks

The atmosphere was quiet. Too quiet.

In Sarge's opinion the old cliche had never been more true than tonight.

"So, can we expect these guy's to show up soon, or what?" Sarge asked his fellow red.

"Soon, maybe." Ruby replied in whisper.

Everyone was lying stomach down, on the roof of the warehouse waiting for any criminal or white fang activity.

"We could be here for a while." Washington informed Sarge, "Back in project freelancer, we often went on stake outs for hours, and sometimes days, before moving in."

"Sounds terrible." ruby shuttered.

Then Sun returned from where ever he had been. Sarge honestly didn't like the monkey faunus, his attitude reminded him far too much of Grif.

"Did I miss anything?"

"That depends." Yang said with an eye roll, "Does the movement of the clouds count?"

Sun paused in thought, "Sure, why not?" He then held out some apples. "I stole some food for everyone."

Of course he did.

Dirtbag. He was just like Grif.

Good god he missed hated Grif.

"No thanks." declined Pyrrha, while Ruby shook her head no and Yang snatched an apple from his hands.

"Do you always break the law without giving a second thought?" Blake asked critically.

Hey, weren't you in a cult or something?" He defended, causing Blake to deliver an angry glare at him. "Okay, too soon!" He said hastily.

Just as he said that, the wind picked all around them, and they all look up to see a Bullhead's searchlights flashing around for a landing spot. sarge saw it descend in the middle of the cargo containers and extend a ramp for a black hooded individual with a metallic fanged mask to come out of. Looks like it was the white fang after all.

"Oh no..."

Blake looked crestfallen. "You really didn't want it to be them, didn't you?" Ruby asked, ready to comfort her teammate and jump into action.

"No. I think deep down I knew. I just didn't want to be right." The cat girl replied, but then a new, but familiar voice was heard clearly from the docks.

"Hey! What's the holdup!?" The criminal Roman Torchwick emerged from the ramp, the damn dirtbag. "We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves at the moment, so why don't you animals try to pick up the pace?"

"This isn't right. The White Fang would never work with a Human. Especially not one like that." Blake said with a distant, but worried voice. she then stood up and unsheathed the katana of Gambol Shroud before walking off the edge of the roof, causing Ruby and Washington to follow her.

"Blake, what are you doing?!" The red leader tugged on her sleeve, but Wash clearly knew what was going on. "Oh no..."

The ex-terrorist then jumped gracefully from the roof, undoubtedly to see what was going on with her former allegiances.

"We have to go after her." Yang declared, causing everyone to get up from the floor of the roof.

"After who?" Penny asked.

The sudden appearance of the robotic girl threw everyone, causing them all to jump. And in the case of Ruby and Wash, to physically slip and fall off the roof.

"I'm alright!" The scythe wielder declared a moment later from ground level. With that everyone turned back to Penny and her sudden appearance.

"Penny... what are you doing here?" Pyrrha asked.