Chapter 7

Camden

I'm fucked. Completely fucked. I couldn't get her out of my head before yesterday but now it's impossible to think of anything that isn't Noa. The softness of her skin, the taste of chocolate on her lips. Those hazel eyes daring me every move.

Why did Rowan and Marcie have to be right?

I was surprised when Noa texted me yesterday. Her asking me to go ice skating came out of nowhere but I was excited to go. Maybe even a bit nervous.

It was fun to go out with someone again. It reminded me of my high school days. I was fun back then. Not as closed off, not afraid to connect with people. Well, it's not like I can help being fucked over more than once.

Just like I couldn't help that boner I got yesterday. Fucking hell, I still get embarrassed thinking about it. I thought the time of uncontrolled boners was behind me, but I was clearly not resistant to Noa falling on top of me.

The feeling of her body on top of mine drove me absolutely insane. Everything about her drives me wild. I don't know what happened and I don't know how it happened, but within a few days of knowing her she has managed to make me question every single thing about me and my life. In a good way that is. And she probably has no idea she even affected me.

She made me rethink if keeping everybody at a distance really is the best thing to do. Maybe missing out on whole experiences is worse than having to deal with them only being temporary. Maybe it is okay to not always be stuck in the same place but go beyond my comfort zone.

I wish I was the type of guy who would go after someone who catches their eye. That would definitely make this situation a whole lot easier. Sadly, I'm not that guy. No matter how kind, or smart, or pretty she is. Not even the spark she lights in me seems to be enough to get me out of my old habits.

I've been picking up and putting down my phone for a solid ten minutes, debating on whether I should text her or not.

Fuck it. What have I got to lose? She'll be leaving next week anyway. I guess some things can change.

--C: Hey Noa, have any plans for tomorrow already?

--N: Nope, what do you have in mind?

--C: I thought we could go hiking. If you're up for it

--N: Sure, sounds fun. I will need to go look for some better shoes to wear then

I quickly get changed into something other than old joggers

I quickly get changed into something other than old joggers. Noa is supposed to text me when she's ready so I can go pick her up near the hotel but I don't have any patience. Once I get sick of pacing through my living room, I move to sit on my couch. My leg is bouncing up and down as I check the weather once again. I have to be as prepared as I can be today. Noa already makes me feel like I'm completely out of control, I need that little control I still have left. No snow or storms are expected today, just a cold but sunny day. Perfect conditions to go on a winter hike.