Chapter 11

Camden

Being sick and taking care of a three year old don't really go together it turns out. When I woke up all sweaty two days ago I knew something was off. This time it wasn't Aydin's tiny body curled against my side that was causing my overheating.

I hoped it would have just been a cold but the fever and headache were enough for me to call Marcie and have her watch Aydin. If I couldn't take care of myself properly, I was in no shape to take care of him. Besides, being sick is no fun for an adult, but having a sick toddler seems like a nightmare.

Even though I missed having Aydin around for a day, Noa was just the distraction I needed. With her taking care of me and plenty of sleep I managed to feel better the next day.

Marcie came over with Aydin last night and we had dinner. Since I was feeling better we decided that Aydin could stay home again and he seemed more than okay with that. He hung around my neck like a koala bear for the rest of the evening, not letting me go once. He kept telling me about all the fun he had with auntie Marcie and running around the hotel.

Since Noa took such great care of me I decided to ask her over for breakfast. I want to thank her but I can't offer much at the moment. Luckily, she seemed excited about joining us this morning.

If only Aydin wasn't as excited about mornings. He woke me up at five am, which is way too early if you ask me. Letting him use my bed as a trampoline and bribing him with waffles for breakfast were enough to get him to let me sleep for another two hours.

When I woke up he was sitting on the bed playing with his building blocks. The exact blocks that fell right in my face when I turned around.

I get us both showered and dressed just in time before Noa arrives. She looks gorgeous in a knitted dress and long boots. Her hair is in a low ponytail but a few strands have already managed to escape.

She shakes off her coat and rubs her hands together.

"It's so frea– uhm very cold outside."

"Don't worry about the swearing too much, it's only a matter of time before I let my own language slip in front of him. And I offered to pick you up but you refused. Three times."

"I know. I could use the exercise. I'm used to walking most places but the last two weeks I've barely done anything."

My mind jumps into 'dirty-mode' right away. I quickly glance at Aydin to see how close he is and step closer to Noa.

I whisper in her ear, "If you need some more cardio I'm sure we can arrange something darling."

Her eyes turn big as she looks up at me, her mouth slightly parted and cheeks still rosy either from the cold or her blushing.

"Don't you dare put that in my head. There's a child in the room!"

"Now we can suffer together." I chuckle and move to the counter to get breakfast ready.

Aydin comes over with one of the toys Marcie bought him for Christmas. He excitedly starts a full demonstration for Noa. Her full focus is on him as he shows everything the toy car and do and asks him questions that get him even more excited.

"Alright, let's dial it down a notch there. Daddy hasn't had his coffee yet."

"Let's get your dad some coffee Aydin otherwise he may turn into a grumpy snow monster."

Aydin, of course, gets a fit of giggles from that comment. Noa stands besides me and reaches for two mugs from the wall cabinet. They're just high enough that she has to stand on her tiptoes to reach the mugs, making her dress rise up her thigh a bit. Nope. Not before coffee and not with Aydin here.