Chapter 10

Noa

Christmas with Camden and Marcie was the most fun I've had in a while. Seeing Camden with Aydin was so special. Camden has been open about his struggle with getting to see Aydin and now he has custody. He must be stressed out of his mind, especially with the circumstances he was able to get custody.

It is clear how much he loves Aydin and he is a natural dad. The ease at which he dealt with his son and how they seemed to have bonded in just a day was absolutely wonderful to witness.

I haven't made any plans to see Camden again. I'll probably run into Marcie in the hotel but I doubt Camden will have time to meet up. He has better things to spend his time on right now. I thought about texting him a few times but decided to wait a bit longer. Maybe I can message him after finishing my work on this article.

I'm in the hotel restaurant working on the 'Christmas in a small village' piece. I have another week to finish it but I want to get as much done as I can since everything is still clear in my mind now.

I'm writing an extensive scene setting when someone drops down in the seat in front of me.

"Rowan, hey, how are you?"

"Good, good. Working again already?"

"Always. When my brain gets out of writer's block I need to make use of it."

"So, I heard you spent Christmas with the Mackenzies."

"I did. Come on, out with it. I can see the questions written on your face."

"Did my boy finally make a move? Please tell me he confessed his undying love for you."

"You're throwing around some big words. We went on a date a few days ago but then the Aydin thing happened and I think it's best to give him some time."

"I really need to start an eye clinic in this town. Everyone is seriously blind. Be prepared to have plans later."

He leaves without explaining anything. That guy is more meddlesome than Gaby. And that's quite something since she texted me non-stop after telling her about Camden. I can't believe she found him online with only a first name and a place.

A text from Cam pops up on my phone a few minutes later.

C—Rowan is yelling at me about needing to ask you out right this second

C—My apologies if he harassed you as well

N—Don't worry. He seems to care a lot about you. And what is going on between us.

C—Something like that

C— Sorry about not texting sooner

C—Do you want to go on a walk with Aydin and me? It won't be anything as exciting as ice skating or hiking I'm afraid

N—My adventurous side has been satisfied plenty on this trip. A walk sounds nice. And don't worry about it, you already have enough on your mind

 And don't worry about it, you already have enough on your mind