Dragonborn

Screams of pain and unimaginable agony rang out through the walls of the red keep. the princess Rhaenyra was bringing forth the newest addition to the Targaryen royal family, her first child and heir. The hours seemed to go slower and slower for sir laenor and the rest of the family as they awaited news of the new prince or princess~~finally after 7 hours of excruciating labors the princess gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, a Targaryen princess, heir to the throne.

The maesters brought word to the king and queen who sat in the small council chambers with sir laenor Velaryon, sir Otto Hightower and sir Criston Cole but it seemed only sir laenor and king visarys were happy about the new arrival not that anyone noticed. The king and lord consort of the princess began racing down the hall of the red keep excitedly talking about names and different ways to spoil the new baby girl. Laenor was the first one through the doors of the princess's royal apartments, eager to meet his "daughter".

Rhaenyra stroked her daughter's cheek affectionately. She was a beautiful little girl and would grow up to be a beautiful woman that would have many lords' vying for her hand in marriage. Her labors were extremely hard and long 7 hours. 7 bloody hours she spent pushing this beautiful creature from her body and she was the spitting image of her one true love, the man she cannot have, her uncle Daemon.

"A healthy little girl" queen Alicent remarked with a bitter undertone, Rhaenyra plastered a smile on her face despite want to slap the queen across her face and glanced at her father who was gazing at his first grandchild with an adoring smile." would you like to hold her?" The princess asked her father.

"Yes. The gods bless us" visarys whispered as his daughter handed him the small child. "Have you chosen a name yet?".
"Daenerys visenya Targaryen" Rhaenyra said without hesitation although she and laenor never discussed baby names but she knew what her name would be as soon as she laid eyes on her.

"A name fit for a queen" the king commented much to the queens' dismay, tears pooled in Rhaenyra's eyes which she was quick to blink away. The king placed the baby back into the princesses' arms. "Come my king. We should be going to the small council chambers."
"Ah yes the princess Rhaenys and lord Corlys should have arrived by now"

"Why what's happening?" Rhaenyra asked curiously. "We will be sorting through some last-minute wedding preparations for the wedding of the prince Daemon and the lady Laena" Otto Hightower announced smugly almost glaring down at the princess. "Yes, another joyous event to look forward to" the king rejoiced painfuly oblivious to the tension in the room leading the queen out of the princess chambers with the Lord hand and their sworn shield in tow.

"I had almost forgot, Daemon marrying your dear sister" Rhaenyra remarked sadly glancing down at her daughter unable to meet her husband's eyes. "I've sent a raven to him, to tell him the news of his-our daughter, I of course was very discreet"

"Thank you laenor, you are a good friend" "Anything for you and the little one. She may not be my blood, but she is my daughter. My little dragon." Laenor mumble quietly careful not to wake the sleeping child.

The special and peaceful moments between the family of three was soon disturbed by a powerful roar the shook the very foundation of kings landing, putting the entire castle on high alert.

"Princess, sir laenor!" Sir Harwin strong shouted, barging into the room with such urgency you might think the king himself had died.

"What is it lord commander?" sir Laenor barked out still a bit startled by the deafening roar.

"The wild dragons are circling the red keep" sir Harwin stuttered unable to comprehend the words coming out of his own mouth.

"Dragons!? As in more than one?Laenor asked terrified by what he just heard. "Why have they come here, did something provoke them?" The princess asked.