Strange things

All the hermits had gathered in the spawn to see the weird stuff X said was happening there. Grian couldn't believe his own eyes. He could feel his heart racing and he had trouble breathing. Before him was a broken bedrock nether portal. The symbol of The Watchers. It was such a small thing, but it was all he needed to know, The Watchers were here, they had somehow destroyed the shield around the server and they had found him.

»Grian, are you alright?« Xisuma had seen Grian panic and had walked over to him »Do you recognize it?« 
Grian took a couple of deep breaths before talking, »y-yes, it's The Watchers symbol,  they... they were on my old server,  Evolution SMP.« It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the whole truth either.
»Weren't that server destroyed?«
»yes, I think I was the only survivor«
»Oh, I'm sorry for bringing it up«
»No, It's alright«

»Soooo, how can we remove the, uhhhh portal?« Scar interrupted
»I mean it's bedrock, so we could explode it« Impulse replied
Impulse found the stuff he needed, and went on to explode the portal with TNT. After a while the bedrock portal was completely gone, and Grian felt a sligth releif, but he quickly realized how stupid that was. The Watchers were here, destroying the portal wouldn't help, they could just rebuild it as many times as they wanted.

Grian couldn't rest properly the next couple of days, he kept having nightmares about the time he spent with The Watchers. The blonde didn't know what to do, he didn't want his friends learning about this secret, but maybe he had to tell them? He would never be able to forgive himself if they got hurt because of him. For the next couple of weeks things started to glitch, torches would die, and there were a never ending raid, but of course that could just be the new update, Grian wasn't convinced though. Grian worried more and more, The Watchers were most likely here because of him, and maybe his friends would get hurt in the process. The blonde was caught up in his own thoughts as he was walking through the shopping district.
»Hey G«
Grian was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a familiar voice.
»Oh, hey Mumbo«
»Are you alright? You seem a bit worried«
»Yeah, I'm fine, it's just about The Watchers, I'm worried they might hurt you guys«
»Why should they do that? they haven't done anything since the portal«
Grian gave Mumbo a fake smile »Yeah, I'm sure you're right, they probably won't do anything«
The blonde tried to leave but the mustached man grabbed his arm »If you need anything, I'll always be here« Mumbo gave his friend a reassuring smile and took off with a rocket. Grian smiled looking after his friend, Mumbo reminded him of Taurt- Grian shook his head, trying to think of anything else, other than his old best friend. Grian took of and flew around as a distraction.

After a couple of minutes in the air, Grian could feel himself calm down, it was always nice flying. He flew home to his base and landed in it, in the middle a shulkerbox was, the blonde wasn't exactly organized when it came to chests and shulkers, but something was off about this one, he would never place a shulkerbox in the middle of the base. Maybe it was a trap? Grian dug around to see if there were any redstone around it, there weren't. The curiosity got the best of him and he opened it. There were two thing in the shulkerbox, a mask, a Watcher mask, his mask. And the necklace with an eye he had thrown away when he first left The End. His heart skipped a beat. How? He had made sure to put the mask in an enderchest where only he could reach it, and he didn't even know what happened to the necklace, Then it hit him. The Watchers. But why? Showing him his mask and necklace wouldn't hurt anyone, maybe they just wanted him back? No, he would never go back, he would rather go to a new server without anyone else in it than back with them.

Grian was thinking, "what if The Watchers were going to attack? Then he needed to be ready, the blonde took his red jumper off and was standing in his undershirt, he took the necklace on, hoping that his halo and wings wouldn't reveal, they luckily didn't and The Watcher felt a wave of magic running through his veins. He felt his powers again, he hated to admit it, but he had missed them. He made sure that no-one was nearby his base and then he started practicing his magic. After a while of getting familiar with the feeling of the magic, he took his mask in his hands and looked at it, he both wanted to take it on and destroy it. He hesitated a bit, but then put it on. The blonde could suddenly feel some weight on his back and started to loose balance, he regained his balance and walked over to the mirror and looked at his wings and halo, they were still beautiful. He flapped a bit with his wings and then he flew a bit around in his base trying to get familiar with the wings again.
The Watcher landed again and took the mask off, placing it safe in an Ender-chest again. He had missed flying with real wings and using his magic, he felt a wave of sadness hit him as putted his mask away and hid his wings and halo. Grian was about to take of the necklace but didn't, for some reason he couldn't really get himself to take it off, the magic was flowing around in his body ans it felt good. This was the first time it really was clear how much he had missed his magic. He sweared in his head but kept the necklace on under his jumper. He put his elytra back on and flew out of the modern-cake-base.

He flew over to spawn and was right over were the watcher symbol was. "Weren't that thing destroyed" Grian thought to himself. Then he realized. The portal were lit. The Watchers could already be here. He landed beside it and saw the sign.

"We just want you back. Then we'll leave"

Grian was shocked, to say the least, he wanted the others to be safe, but he couldn't just leave without telling them. The blonde fumbled with the communicator but eventually got it and typed.
Grian: [umm guys... The portal is back, and it's lit, come to spawn please!]

~1130 words