Chapter 1: Broken

Amy Rose was walking by at Green Hill, humming. She then noticed a certain blue blur pass by her.

"Sonic!" Amy started running after him, to which he goes faster. "Wait up!" After a few minutes of chase, Sonic stopped running, letting Amy catch up to him. With Amy panting for air, "How's it going, Son-"

"You don't get it... do you...?" Sonic asked, which made Amy look up confused.

"What do you mean...?" Amy asked.

"CAN'T YOU JUST SEE THE HINTS?!?!" Sonic snapped, which made her flinched. "I'VE BEEN RUNNING AWAY, AVOIDING YOUR QUESTIONS, AND TALK TO TAILS OR EVEN SHADOW TO TELL YOU I'M NOT INTRESTED!!"

"S-Sonic...." Amy started to cry.

"ALL YOU'VE BEEN DOING IS CHASING ME AND FOR WHAT! TO MARRIED ME?! I'VE BEEN RISKING MY LIFE BUT YOU ALWAYS TRY TO PUSH THAT STRESS EVEN MORE!!!" Sonic snapped even more.

"B-But I lov-" Amy gets interrupted.

"NO YOU DON'T!" Sonic told her. "BECAUSE I SAVED YOU FROM METAL DOESN'T MEAN YOU'LL LOVE ME! I DON'T LOVE YOU!! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Right after he speed past her, Amy fell to her knees, feeling her heart shattered to a million pieces. 

"S-Sonic...." Amy cried even harder, thinking how she lost the relationship with the hero. She turned to see a waterfall, she got up and closer. "What's the point.... I lost Sonic... he would never love me.... I'll be good to be died...." Right when Amy jumps off, someone grabbed her arm and is holding her up. She looked up to see a fox in armor and hood to conceal his face. She grew afraid on how many weapons he has on him and how it feels like he's seeing though her soul. He dragged Amy away from the waterfall and let go of her. "W-Why you saved me..."

"Cause I don't want to see someone ending their life over some broken relationship." He told her.

"Y-You saw everything...?" Amy asked. The masked fox stood silently, after a moment, he started walking away. Amy looked down until she noticed stops.

He turned his head saying, "Are you coming or not?" Amy widens her eyes, but she snaps out of and follows him to a hidden cabin. They went in as the assassin took off his hood and helmet, which revealed an eye patch covering his left eye.

"What happened to your eye?" She asked.

"Some government decided to raid my home. Thinking that we're some dangerous people." He explained as he took out some leftover lasagna. "Hungry?" Amy shook her head to which he shrugged and sat down as he eat it.

"Why am I here...?" Amy asked.

".... I'm giving you a chance." He told her, which left her confused. "I'm willing to teach you all I know, and I don't care how you use it. Either to save, to kill, doesn't matter to me."

"Was it in for you...?" Amy asked, feeling like it's a scam.

"Hmmm, all deals can't be one-sided huh." He goes in deep of thought and got an idea. "How about this, you'll keep this cabin clean and make food since I don't have much time for those. What you think?"

Amy starts thinking about it, after a good minute, "I accept... "

---------------------------------------------------*8 years later*---------------------------------------------------

A certain black hedgehog is running though Green Hill and went into a cave where the cabin is hidden. He got close to see a fox in his 40s is reading a book.

"Vierno!" He yelled out his name.

"Shadow. You look a day younger. Must be those genes." Vierno smiled.

"We need your help." Shadow told him. "The doctor had made an army that even we can't beat alone of our abilities."

"So, you asking me since I'm a Tactician? This isn't a game of chess you know." Vierno told Shadow.

"That's why G.U.N is willing to pay 1,000,000 for helping us." Shadow told him.

"G.U.N? As in, THE G.U.N that TOOK our father's life?!" Vierno asked in anger. "THE one who took OUR friend, Maria's life?!" Vierno got up and started heading back inside, which Shadow followed.

"Look, I know it feels. I'm mad to, I even almost blow-up Mobius!" Shadow told his old friend.

"With the help of Gerald's grandson, Ivo!" Vierno snapped. "Face it Shadow, these people have no future! Even shows with Ivo, the GRANDSON of our CREATOR!"

Shadow sighed, knowing he's right, "I know. But remember, the promise we made with Maria?" To which left him in shocked. "The promise to give everyone a chance. Give them hope for tomorrow."

Vierno looked down, "How could I forget a dead friend's promise...?"

"It's understandable of you're hatred towards G.U.N." Shadow placed his hand on his shoulder. "Even sometimes, I feel like I want to finish them off also. But I don't think Maria would want that. Even when they can help us." Vierno thought about it and sigh.

"All right. We'll help." Vierno told his friend.

"Excuse me. 'We'?" Shadow asked.

"Father, I'm back from my mission." ??? said. Shadow turned in shocked to see a familiar pink hedgehog.

"No way..." Shadow said.

(So Question, do I make Amy to be some type of you know, a bad girl, who doesn't give a crap to people or do I just tone that down?)

Yes

or 

No?