Part One, "Ties that Bind."

[Reader's Pov]

I'm walking with the girl I met, she said she had a place for us to go. Once we get the gas from wherever she's leading me, we can head back and get the taxi working.

Y/N: "How far is this place?"

She looks around before answering.
Clementine: "Not too much farther."

The girl carries a shotgun bigger than her arms seem to be able to carry, she handles it nicely though.

Clementine: "By the way, this guy there, he sold me some bullets earlier; maybe I can convince him to do the deal again, since you're so determined to kill yourself."

Y/N: "I don't know, after meeting you; I think the universe is giving me something to keep me occupied."

She stops for a moment and puts her hand out.

Clementine: "Shhh, hold on to that thought for a second."

I start to hear groaning in the distance and crouch next to her.

Clementine: "Walkers, looks like the herd too."

Y/N: "think we can sneak past 'em?"

The girl looks at the passing walkers and nods her head. She tosses me revolver bullets and whispers.

Clementine: "Don't make me regret this. Just promise not to shoot yourself, Dumbass."

I smirk before saying,
Y/N: "No promises."

We sneak past the walkers and Clementine gives me a worried look.

Clementine: "For the record, that's really not funny."

I shrug as we finally made our way past the dead guys.

Y/N: "Guess I should be glad we aren't walker food."

Clementine: "Here, this way. We can cut into the forest."

We make our way into the woods, I spot large gates in the distance, but walkers are closing in.

Y/N: "Shit..."

She cocks back her shotgun.
Clementine: "We're just gonna have run for it!"

We run down the hill and towards the gates, I shoot the approaching walkers. Clementine reaches the gates, but they close in her face.

Y/N: "Hey!"

Clementine: "Open up!"

A guy on top of the gate fires at the walkers.

?: "I can't open the gate 'til you clear them out! Can't risk it!"

Me and the girl fire at the walkers. Clementine switches from her shotgun to her pistol, but it malfunctions.

Clementine: "Fuck! These bullets won't fire!"

A walker attacks her, I shoot it and Clem throws it to the ground and stomps on it, killing it.

The guy opens the gate.

?: "Get your ass inside! Come on, now!"

He fires at the walkers while We enter the gates. A woman rides through into the town on a horse, and Tripp closes the gate.

Woman: "Whoa, there!"

?: "God effin' damn it, Francine. One of these days those doors are gonna close and your ass'll be on the other side!"

Francine: "Yeah. And when that day comes, Tripp, I promise... I'll eat you first."

Francine rides away. Tripp Averts his gaze to the girl I'm traveling with.