[2] rumours

CHAPTER TWO
rumours

quick note: (n/n) means nickname!
also this chapter includes LOTS of violence oops 😔

you couldn't help but laugh quietly too, although you still felt kind of bad for him, the thought of them being like newborn babies made you internally chuckle.

"lo'ak, where are you going?!" neteyam yelled out to his younger sibling, who was already out of the water.

neteyam went and ran for him in the water, but you stopped him by gently grabbing his shoulder. "it's his first time, leave him." you advised, as you took your hand off neteyam's shoulder. the boy nodded in agreement, and decided to let him be.

"so uh, wanna go next?" tsireya asked neteyam, who felt bad for his brother.

"of course," neteyam agreed, and prepped himself on the Ilu. "i'll try my best."

"alright. same thing i told lo'ak earlier, as soon as you connect with the Ilu it will immediately go underwater and swim forward rapidly, understood?" tsireya added, gently petting the Ilu before moving out of the way.

"understood." neteyam nodded, his face full of determination.

right when you saw him you could tell that he was the responsible brother out of the two. you could see that was a natural athlete—a born warrior scared of nothing, so you were curious to see if he would manage to succeed.

neteyam grabbed his braid and connected with the Ilu, and with no hesitation, the creature leapt underwater and rapidly went forward.

once again, you, ao'nung and rotxo waited in anticipation to see if you could witness two fails in one day.

but, to all of your surprise, neteyam managed to take control of the Ilu and even managed to turn around and go back to the starting point.

as he came back still on top of his ilu, he wiped off water out of his forehead and looked at your surprised faces.

"how'd i do?" neteyam asked smirking, he knew this question was unnecessary, since he proudly did amazing.

ao'nung and rotxo huffed and rolled their eyes, as they couldn't tease him. the two decided to go back to shore and probably go pick on other kids.

"you actually did amazing, i'm surprised." you congratulated, gently clapping your hands as you gave him a little smile.

"yeah you did great, not many newcomers can learn that fast." tsireya added, slowly building up his 'already full' pride and ego.

"thank you.." neteyam tilted his head at both of you, mutually asking both of your names.

"oh! i am tsireya, and she is (y/n)."  tsireya spoke,  as she indicated who is who with her arms.

neteyam got off his Ilu, and the three of you slowly walked to shore as you conversed.

"and you are?" you questioned, directing you gaze towards the boy.

"i'm neteyam, eldest son of the Sully family." neteyam boasted, introducing himself proudly.

"by the way, sorry for not returning your greeting earlier. i was kind of skeptical of you and your family." you added, giving neteyam a sheepish smile.