Chaper 1: The first day

Brooklyn's POV

T. C. Williams school decided to integrate their school. I wasn't happy about it. I was perfectly happy at my school with my friends and people, away from prosecution.
I always tried to see people as people instead of color, but most people didn't. It was pretty hurtful to be treated so differently. I had always hoped something would change...... I think the universe took my hope a little too far this time.

Ronni's POV

Football camp had been great. The guys and I really bonded and everyone was cool and relaxed. But the first day of school was chaos. Everyone was separated and I could barely say 'hi' to my friends without people protesting and yelling. I wish I were back at camp or better yet back in California.
I hung out with Gerry and Alan most of the day. I tried to hang out with the other guys too, but they got pulled away by their older friends. I sighed. I was going to spent my school days alone. What a way to start the year.
When class let out I was so anxious to get out I ran right into someone.
"I'm so sorry! My bad man....." I looked at who I ran into and it was a she. And she was gorgeous. "Umm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Are you ok?"

She chuckles.

"I'm ok. But are you? You look a bit dazed."

I blush.

"First day jitters?" She asks.

"That's one way to say it. Is it your first day here too?" I ask.

"How'd you guess?" She sarcastically said and smiled. "Thank you for not treating me like I'm some plague and touching me is a horrible thing. And thanks for treating me like a normal person too. It means a lot."

It finally registers. She had bronze colored skin and hazel eyes.

"Well you're a person aren't you?" I say shrugging.

She smiles and laughs.

"I am. Thank you for noticing."

I smile and stick out my hand.

"I'm Ronni."

"Brooklyn." She replies and shakes my hand.

"It's good to meet you." I see Gerry waving me down. "I have to go. But I'll see you later?"

"I'll be by the field when practice is over. Hope you'll be there too Ronni." She has a shy kind of smile. But I nod and head over to Gerry with a stupid smile on my face.

I'll never hear the end of this one.

A/N: Thank you for reading! This is my first fanfic as you can probably tell 😂 I'm trying to write something good and interesting. Please let me know if there's something wrong or something I can improve on. <3