Chapter 6: Lunch time

Brooklyn's POV:

I woke up early this morning. Not on purpose, I enjoy my sleep more than the next person, I was just really stressed.

I didn't figure out why until I got to school.

Julius was waiting by my locker arms crossed.

"Hey Julius. What's up?" I try to pretend like everything is okay.

"Yesterday after school why weren't you home?" He sounded angry.

"What time after school? I have things to do you know." I try to play it off.

"From when school got out until 6."

"Ohh then? Just out and about. I took a walk, did my homework, stopped at the library. The usual."

Julius seemed satisfied.

"Okay. Just checkin'. I went to see you after practice and your mom said you hadn't come home yet."

"I'm okay." I give Julius a side hug and put my things in my locker.

"You want to meet some of my buddies later?"

I was shocked. Julius had never invited me to meet his friends.

"Yeah. I want to meet them!"

"Just let me know if any of them are bothering you. They wont be able to look at you wrong without me putting 'em in their place."

There it is.

"I will." I roll my eyes. "But don't scare them. I want to be able to talk to them."

The bell rings.

"I gotta get to class. Meet me at lunch." Julius says and walks to class.

I head to class too.

........................................................................

I headed to lunch excited to meet Julius' friends.

I scanned the cafeteria and spotted him waving me over.

"Hey." I sit down across from Julius.

"Guys this is Brooklyn. Brooklyn that's Petey, Alan, Blue, Gerry and Sunshine."

I wave.

"Hey guys."

Ronni smiles at me.

"And if I find out any of you are messin' with my sista you're going to have it comin' to ya." Julius added.

The boys all looked scared.

Ronni pipped up.

"So Brooklyn... you like football?"

"To be honest Sunshine I don't know that much about football."

Everyone looked shocked. Well except Julius.

"You don't know much about football?" Petey asked in disbelief.

"Nope. Never watched it and didn't like when Julius would try to explain it to me." I shrug.

"Would you like to learn about football?" Ronni asks eyebrow raised.

"Maybe." I take a bite of my lunch.

"How do you have a friend that don't like football bruh?" Blue asked Julius.

"She ain't my friend, man. She's my sista."

"I think it'd be nice having a sister that's not that into football. Like a change of scene." Alan says.

"Shut up man." Julius glares at Alan.

"What? I was just trying to say it'd be—"

"Alan I think you better take your cue. Big Ju might have it out for you." Gerry said elbowing Alan.

"I understand your point Alan." I say smiling.

He smiles back.

"Thanks Brooklyn."

I look at Ronni. He doesn't look too happy but he manages to play it off when it got brought up.