Chapter 16

//Logan's P.OV.\\
It was already late at night when I went down to the police station to ask for Leo. I was able to talk with him and he seemed nervous and sad. "Hi Leo," I said. He looked up startled. "What are you doing here," he asked. "Look, I know that we started off on the wrong foot here, but just hear me out," I said. "I'm listening," he said. "I was never okay with this plan. I just went along with it to support my friends. I am here today because I want to tell you that I feel bad that you got arrested," I said. "Yeah, right. And you expect me to believe that," he asked.

"Hey if you don't believe me, that's on you. I just had to come to talk with you," I said. He just glared at me and sighed. "Why would you guys do this to me?! I'm not a bad person. I just got taken over by an impulse. I'm desperate. I just want to get out of here," he exclaimed. "Relax. You've only been detained for a few hours," I said. "Fifteen hours to be exact," he said. "I mean it has been some hours but I don't think it's been that long. Has it really been fifteen hours already," I asked. "Honestly I don't know, but it feels as though it has been fifteen hours," he said.

"I'm sorry I meant to come by sooner. And what I said a moment ago is true: I didn't agree with the plan because it seemed to me that James was the first one to act aggressively toward you. However, I did get angry at the moment when I saw that you were about to punch him again when he already had a purple eye. I am just here to try to help bail you out," I said. Leo just looked at me in disbelief. "Are you serious? You want to help me," he asked. "Absolutely. You don't deserve to be here. And it isn't fair for Emilia either. She is super sad about this whole situation. Actually, she has mixed feelings about it," I said.

"Wow you have a great heart uh uh I'm sorry I didn't get your name," he said. "Logan," I said. "Logan, a pleasure to meet you. You do have a great heart. But you don't have to bail me out. I'll accept my fate," he said. "You can't get taken to jail for something you didn't do. You need to prove your innocence," I said. "Well, I think that there were witnesses and video proof that show otherwise. So I can't do anything about that," he said.

"Wait a minute," I said. "What," he asked. "You can't get taken to jail if there are no charges pressed against you," I began. "So you're saying that if James doesn't press charges, I could be let go," he asked. "Exactly. And you would only need to spend the 48 hours that you need to be detained unless they really see that you've done nothing wrong then they might let you out before that," I said. "Damn you're so smart. But what will guarantee me that James won't press charges," he asked. I was pensive for a moment. "Because honestly, James is angry at me and it seems to me that he wants me to go to jail," Leo said.  I took a pause and thought out very well about my next statements.

"Look I know that we all probably got off on the wrong foot. And maybe things happened in a completely different manner than we had imagined, but I know James. I know that he is not capable of sending an innocent person to jail. True he has been acting quite strange lately, but I know that he won't press charges to make you suffer. I have noticed that recently he is quite angry and I haven't seen him this angry before. But it's normal right? We are human after all so it's okay for us to have all these emotions; sadness, happiness, anger, nervousness, etc. But truly I don't see him capable of doing that," I said. Leo just took a big deep breath and let that sink in.

"Huh," he began. He took another deep breath. "You know I hope you're right, Logan. I mean James really is such a cool and nice dude. I mean when we were getting to know each other and hanging out I could tell that he is. And yes you're right, we're all human we have our moments," he said. I was taken aback by how calm he was now and how much he trusted in what I said. "Yeah. I'm just glad that you are calm now and that I have given you a bit of encouragement, Leo," I said. "Yes and I truly appreciate it, Logan. You are so kind," he said. "Now we just have to wait for," I began but was cut off by some footsteps. It was the guard coming to tell me that my time was up because Leo had another visitor. Leo and I looked at each other wondering who it could be. We both looked to see who it was and it was Emilia.