Chapter 12

//Emilia's P.O.V.\\
I couldn't sleep because of what happened between James and Leo. I had a bad feeling, but I never imagined them fighting. I'm just glad that he is alive — well that they're both alive, of course, because I have nothing against Leo. I still see him as a brother. It's just the timing of everything was so bad and our strictly professional conversations don't help me either, it makes me feel like we're mad at each other. It hurts me. And them fighting about this just makes me feel awful, but it is all my fault.

I got out of bed and decided to go take a shower. I got out of the shower, got dressed, and ate breakfast. All of a sudden, I got a phone call it was Leo. I ignored it and let it go to voicemail. I don't get why he's calling me now if he's ignoring me. He probably wants to tell me about what happened between him and James.

Then I got another call and it was James. I picked it up. "Hey James," I said. "Hey, Emilia can you come over right now," he asked me. "Yes I can," I told him. "I'm glad. You know I wasn't able to sleep last night," he told me tiredly. "I wasn't able to sleep either," I told him. "What are you up to," he asked me. "I'm finishing my breakfast. I'll be there in a bit," I told him. "Okay see you in a bit," he told me. I could feel that he was smiling and with that, we ended our conversation.

When we ended our conversation, I noticed that I had a voicemail. It was Leo. I just sighed and was hesitant about listening to it. I decided to take a listen.

"Hey, Emilia it's Leo. You probably already know this, so it's probably old news now, but James and I got in a fight. He came up to me and asked me what my deal was and why I have been ignoring you. I came out with the truth and told him that it is because I like you and he got angry and he charged at me and punched me. My error was that I told him that I could shout it out to the world that I'm in love with you and I asked him what he was going to do about that. That's what made him angry. I'm so sorry that I've been ignoring you, Emmy, it's just that I know that you hate drama and I was trying to avoid that by putting some distance. Anyways, that's all I wanted to tell you and I hope you're okay. I don't expect you to return the call or anything because I pushed you away. Please know that I truly appreciate you and I appreciate everything you've done for me. Please take care of yourself, Emmy. Also please know that I still care about you and I am truly sorry for ignoring you. I completely understand you giving me the same treatment. See you at work."

I didn't know how to react to this message. I had so many mixed emotions. I felt like returning the call or at least sending him a text to let him know that I had nothing against him and that I still see him as my friend, my brother. At the same time, I felt that it wasn't the best thing to do. I felt devastated. He still cares about me. He has only been putting distance to avoid drama, but the drama has already started. I began to cry uncontrollably. I went to the bathroom to blow my nose and wash my face.

I returned to the table and finished eating. Then, I got my purse, and my car keys, and I headed out. On my way there, I couldn't stop thinking about this whole situation between Leo and James. And Leo's words kept ringing in my head. My head felt like it was spinning. I got there in no time because surprisingly today there was no traffic. I rang the doorbell and he immediately opened the door. "Come on in," he told me. He kissed me and hugged me and I did the same. He was wearing sunglasses. "Thanks," I told him. "Let me see," I told him closing the door. He sighed, looked down, and took his sunglasses off. "Oh my God," I exclaimed. "I know it's," he began to say. "Horrible," I finished the sentence for him. He nodded and I began to tear up. "James I hate to see you hurt," I told him sobbing now. "I know you do, but I'm alive I didn't lose my life," he told me hugging me. "I know but it's still horrible," I said. "I'll be fine sweetheart," he told me. I couldn't stop sobbing so he hugged me tighter and I did too. Then Fox came in and began to wag his tail at me. We broke our hug. Fox began to lick my tears away and looked into James's eye and whimpered a bit.

"I know Fox, James got hurt," I told him. Fox lay down on the floor. "I can't believe Leo did this to you. I need to go find him and," I began but he cut me off. "Shh no, you're not going to go confront him. You'd be crazy if you did that! He could kidnap you and then I'm going to be worried about you. You cannot even go near him do you understand," he told me. I sighed and dried the tears that were still rolling out of my eyes. "Okay, James you're right. It's just crazy talk," I told him. "Yes, that's what it is: crazy talk. It's just that you're angry and anger makes you do crazy things," he told me. We hugged again very tightly and I kissed him on the lips. Our kiss grew very passionate and then he grunted. "Did I hurt you," I asked him. "No you didn't, it's just that I get a random sharp pain in my eye," he told me. He got an ice pack and iced his eye. I looked at him worried. "Don't worry I'll be fine," he told me. "You should go to the doctor and get your eye checked out," I told him. "I don't need it I'll be fine don't worry," he told me. I was concerned, but I guess it's his choice and I really don't know what I'm saying because the anger and worry aren't letting me think properly. I felt like I was shaking. James hugged me and told me to sit down because I was shaking. I thought that I was only imagining it, but then I looked at my hands and I noticed that I was shaking a lot. James went to the kitchen and made some tea. He took the tea to me and I got it, but I noticed that my hands were still shaking. He sat down next to me and drank his tea. I began to drink my tea and afterward, I began to feel better.

I still can't believe that this was all my fault. "Honey don't blame yourself because none of this was your fault," James told me. I looked at him surprised because I'm pretty sure that I said that in my mind unless...he read my mind. "James," I started to say. "Aww, you're so cute when you're confused. No, I did not read your mind. I wish I could read minds, but I can't. The only reason why I know you said that is because you were thinking out loud," he told me. I chuckled and let a small sigh out. "Okay, I thought you were able to read minds haha. I would love to read minds too," I told him. He chuckled and gave me a sweet kiss on the lips. I smiled and then we just sat there and he put the ice pack on his injured eye again. Then Fox came and lay down between us.

//James's P.O.V.\\

I am very lucky to have Emilia as my girlfriend because she worries for me. She takes care of me and wants the best for me. I want the best for her too which is why I'm here. I'm here to protect her and love her with all my heart. I know that we haven't had a lot of time together, but I feel like proposing to her, but I just need to wait for the right moment. I can't propose now because too much is going on and she is worried and nervous; I wouldn't want to mess up her emotions more than they are already.

I love her so much and I can't believe that idiot is trying to steal her away from me. That idiot is a horrible friend because nobody ignores their best friend. He has really taken it too far and he will end up losing because he can't have Emilia. If he did, then he would be very abusive. Just thinking that makes me shudder. I hope I never have to see his face again because I really can't stand him at all anymore.