3- Try

The club was packed and the thud of the music rang in my ears and chest. I could swear that we drank a whole bottle of tequila in less than two hours. Lily and Kayla were joking around and looking for some guys to dance with. I turned to the dance floor; the people were dancing and jumping to the rhythm of the music. I could barely distinguish their faces through the neon lights but I stopped breathing the exact same second I saw his face in the crowd.

"Alex, what happens?". Asked Kayla looking at me, and I noticed I had stood up in a reflex.

"I just saw Mike".

"No way, he's back in California. You have mistaken him". Lily grabbed my wrist to pull me to my seat again.

"No, it's him". I quickly walked in the direction I saw him.

I made my way through the crowd looking for him. My feet stopped moving when I saw him kissing a girl. I would never mistake him anywhere. I had this thing that I would find him wherever he was.

"What am I doing? I must be stupid" I thought staring at his profile. "We are not together anymore". I gulped holding my tears and walked back to my friends.

"Alex, it was him?". Lily asked with a concerned expression on her face.

"It doesn't matter". I took the last shot of tequila and gulped it down.

"Yeah! That's right! We're here to forget about him, not to cry over him". Kayla said standing up. "I invite the next round". I felt Lily's worried gaze over me.

Once more, Kayla was right. We were there to have fun, not to cry over Mike. I sipped my Blue Lake trying to clear my mind.

"Hey, those guys have been looking at us for a while". Lily pointed to a table some meters away from us with her chin.

"Which guys?" Kayla turned around in her seat.

"The three handsome ones on the table next to the painting". Lily tried to describe their exact location.

"Oh..." Kayla waved her hand to them saying hi.

"What are you doing?" I laughed embarrassed.

"They look good, let them invite us for a drink and see what happens". She smiled at us.

"Unbelievable". I shook my head.

"I think that the blonde with long hair is looking at you". Lily said. "He looks really good".

My head turned instinctively to spot the guy. Bleach blonde with his hair half an inch above his shoulders; his hair was tied in a mid-half bun. His profile was divine, I had to admit it. I wondered if he was a model or something like that. He was wearing a white V-neck shirt and a black leather jacket. Somehow, the image of a bad guy came to my mind. I was stupidly staring at him when he suddenly turned and smiled at me. I coursed in my mind and averted my gaze; I bit my lower lip embarrassed.

"Good looking and all, but not my type". I said to her remembering Mike.

Minutes later one of the guys walked over to our table and invited Kayla to dance. She was quick to say yes and left without a word to us.

"At least she hasn't gone out of control yet". Lily chuckled and sipped her drink.

"It's quite early for that. Don't you think?" I sipped my drink too.

"We're worried about you. I know she's pressing you a lot but it's her way to care about you".

"I know. Thank you". I said half smiling. I knew they cared about me but Kayla was too much sometimes. "Why don't we go dancing too?"

"Sure thing". She smiled widely and drank down her drink in one gulp. I imitated her and we headed to the dance floor.