want u back - 1

in which jennie wants her ex, lisa, back.

————

"Look, Lisa. I just don't think we're meant to be together. I mean there are bigger fish in the sea and maybe that'll give you time to... you know, upgrade yourself."

Lisa scrutinised her lover's face, hoping to find any sort of sarcasm or satire in her expression. But, that was to no avail. The taller leaned backward, hitting the backrest of the park bench.

She half-laughed and stared back her girlfriend, who plastered no obvious emotion. "I really can't tell if you're being for real or not." Still, her pair of pearly whites showcased to her oblivion.

Jennie sighed with annoyance, leaning back with crossed arms. Turning her head to look at her high school lover dead in the eye. "Are you acting clueless or are you just stupid?" The happiness in Lisa's body was suddenly invaded with surprise and... fear? She actually had no idea where this conversation was going but she knew it was going to end up south. Lisa couldn't get a word in before Jennie scoffed with a sly smirk. "I didn't know I was dating such an imbecile. Do you really not get it? I'm breaking up with up."

An awkward, forced laugh erupts from Lisa's throat. "Gosh, baby. Since when were you into pranks?" Her laughter was cut short once she seen the serious look on her lover's face. "You're really breaking up with me, aren't you?" Smile gone, the Thai shifted her gaze onto the concrete floor, all of a sudden finding it very interesting.

"Yes, I am." The Korean girl stood up, hooking her bag to her shoulder. "So after I leave I better not see your name trying to contact me."

Lisa thought about today's hangout. Jennie initiated the idea and all was going well— for Lisa at least. Now that she thought back on it, Jennie did seem a bit different from her usual clingy self, instead being distant and unresponsive.

"But, why though?" She couldn't help but ask. The couple had been dating for over eight months, not a single serious problem had occurred, not that she knew of anyways. Lisa had always made sure to take her girlfriend out on fancy dates, buying her heartwarming gifts and overall treating her like the queen she was. The Thai had made it a ritual to compose a beautiful tune on her violin each month just to preform for her love. What had she done wrong?

"I just... realised what others were saying was true. I mean look ourselves! You're just an unpopular music kid and I'm... Well I'm much more than that." It was one hundred percent true. Lisa was a nobody before Jennie happened. The girl was already amazing and popular, ever since she even started at the school. A cheerleader never interacts— let alone date— a loner. That's why students went into a whole gossip state after the news spread. 'The hottest girl in school dating a nobody'. How embarrassing.

Lisa licked her dry lips before nodding. Raising her head, she brought the courage up to at least get something before they part. "Before you leave then... I want you to kiss me goodbye first."

With a huff, Jennie quickly rushed to peck her now ex-girlfriend's cheek. "There. Happy?"

Lisa shook her head, "No, not the cheek. I want you kiss me goodbye on the lips. One last time." She stood up, now having to tilt her head down to look at the shorter girl.

"Whatever." She mumbled. Rolling her eyes, Jennie took a step, grabbing Lisa's neck and shoulder, and getting on her tippy toes to reach her soft lips. The brunette planned the kiss to be only a second but let out a muffled squeal when she felt Lisa's hands on her back, bringing their bodies as one, kissing her deeply as she did all those months before. Jennie was sure she was going to miss this a lot. Lisa was the first to pull out, looking at those oh-so-captivating eyes of Jennie's. It always seemed to remind her of a beautiful cat. Lisa loved cats.