oblivious

in which, lisa is quite literally clueless to the fact that the hottest girl in school has the fattest crush on her.

————

It all started when an unseen face exited the college administration office. The girl, Lisa, had recently moved into the city and was fortunate enough to get a place at a decent college. It was a bit of a hard travel from her mother's place so she decided to make it easier for the both of them and sign up for dormitory, much to her mother's sadness.

"I'll see you around, Mr Park!" Lisa cheerily greeted the head administrator goodbye and just as she opened the door, with her head still turned towards the old man, she didn't notice the girl walking her way. "Oh, shit."

The two of them apologised, busy picking up the dropped books and not having the chance to see each other's face. Lisa's gaze shifted to the novel her hand was hovering over.

"North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell." The girl she bumped lifted her head and made eye-contact, making a small questioning hum, her mouth parting in awe. "I love this book. One of my all time favourites." Lisa smiled.

"Oh," The Korean-looking girl was profusely blushing, tucking the loose strand of hair behind her pink ear. "I-It's one of my favourites too." They both got up and Lisa handed her the dropped papers.

"By the way, I'm sorry again-"

"No! I mean no, it's not your fault. It was an accident." There was an awkward tension surrounding them as none of them spoke- well, for Lisa at least. She sort of became uncomfortable because of Jennie's intense stare.

"Um," The Thai started. "Well, it's nice meeting you. I'm Lisa Manoban." She stuck out her awaiting hand.

The girl wiped her sweaty right hand on her skirt before accepting the handshake. "You too, I'm Jennie. Jennie Kim."

"Cool," Lisa let go of the handshake, not paying enough attention to notice the obvious shift on Jennie's face. "I gotta get going, I'll see ya around!" And so, she ran off.

"Yeah," Jennie whispered, still looking at the back of Lisa without realising how pink her chubby cheeks had become. "See you."

The new-comer found her dorm room and opened the door, revealing a good-looking guy on his desk doing something on his computer. "Sup, man." The boy turned in his wheelie chair. "You must be my roommate, Kim Jongin?"

He smiled brightly, standing up to give her a brotherly handshake. "Correct, please call me Kai. No one 'part from my mom calls me that. And you must be Lisa. Nice meetin' ya."

"Likewise."

As Lisa unpacked and stored her belongings, she had a nice chat with her new friend. Finding out same interests such as sports and cars. Kai was popularly known as the captain of the basketball team, Lisa was sporty as well but leaned her interests more towards baseball and tennis.

"Where'd ya move from, man?" The Korean asked.

"Well, I'm only half Korean. I moved from Thailand as an early teen. Helped out in the countryside farm back home and my mom lives in Incheon."

The day went by quickly and Lisa was already starting lectures and discussions. She made friends with her roommate's friends quite easily along with people in her class.

Kai and Lisa happened to be taking the same science class and today they were doing a practical. The Thai was a so-called 'genius' and hastily caught up on what was being learnt. In partners, the class was to record results from different chemical reactions.

"Ah, Ah, Ah! Not so fast! I know better and have folded your names onto paper to choose partners for everyone. Please stay put until I go over to your table and then after go to your partners." Majority of the room groaned, but silently accepted defeat. Lisa was concentrated on why Kai was staring so deeply in his direction.