Walls and doors

A/N: sorry it took 28 days for this one... also sorry its so short, hope you enjoy!

The adorable reunion was cut short by Dick appearing possessed by Rachels father. I slowly backed away until I was standing between the stairs in the door, just in case I needed to run either way. Rachel was pleading with her father or Dick or someone, I wasn't listening I was more focused on where all of the houses exits were in case the stairs or front door become unreliable.

I tuned in just in time to hear Rachels father start monologuing like we were in some cheesy action movie.

"Look around you, daughter. All there is here is loss, betrayal, and decay. Everyone you love will leave you by their own hand or in ashes. Nothing lasts. The only thong that awaits you is disappointment. You will lose everyone. It's heartbreaking, isn't it? Let your heart break. It's inevitable. And then you'll be free to join me. Our future will be glorious." He monologued.

"Uh... hard pass." Gar said.

"Yeah, I'm with him, love the whole cheesy movie villain thing you have going on but yeah... pass." I agreed.

"Rach, we gotta go." Gar told Rachel as I nodded.

"Gar." Rachel spoke.

"Run!" Gar yelled running up the stairs with Rachel and I following.

"No offense, but your dad is an asshole." Gar said as we panted in the hallway.

"Tell me about it." Rachel panted.

The hallway began to distort and grow longer.

"Is-Is it just me, or is that hallway getting longer?" I asked the two still panting.

"Oh, that's creepy." Gar said looking down the hallway.

"Come on." Gar breathed the two of them walking down the hallway, making me hurry to catch up.

"Rachel? Come out and play!" Dick called out from downstairs.

"Come on, we need to find a way out." Rachel urged us.

"Don't need to tell me twice." I responded as the three of us ran down the hall.

"What is happening?" Gar murmured as we ran into a room, Rachel closing the door behind us.

"What is happening?" Gar repeated looking at some pictures on the wall, of which were now showing them to have black eyes and veins with black blood running down.

"It's my father. He's doing this. He's trying to scare us." Rachel deduced.

"Guess what?" Gar began turning to us "It's... definitely working."

A black, veiny slime-like substance started to appear on the roof before quickly disappearing into nothing.

"That dude is totally messed up." Gar said as I nodded in agreement "What the hell did he do to Dick?"

"Whatever he did to Dick he wants to do to us as well." Rachel explained "We gotta get Dick back to normal."

"No way, I was kinda thinking we'd leave him like this." I respond sarcastically.

"There's got to be some way we can reach him. Make him hear me." She continued ignoring my sarcastic remark.

"Hello?" Dicks voice called "Rachel? Where are you?"

We all turned to face the door, some form of fear or panic shown on all of our faces. There was a banging on the door causing Rachel and I to gasp. The banging continued as Rachel began to speak.

"This isn't right. Believe me. This isn't how it's supposed to end."

"She's right. It ends with us all being together. Just let me in." Dicks voice sounded from outside the door. Rachel was moving closer to the door. "I Just want to talk to you. That's what you want, too, isn't it, Rachel? To talk to me. To get through to me. To make me see the light again. Well, here I am. I'm listening." His voice continued.

"Maybe we can get through to him." Rachel spoke.

"No, no, no, Bad Rachel. Horrible idea. You don't try get through to possessed people. You'll end up dead." I warned.

A hand punched through the door as Rachel gasped and the three of us jumped back. The hand moved around the door before pulling itself out. Dicks eyes peered through the hole.

"Let's talk." Dick said.

Gar moved in front of us and stood in front of the door, growling and turning green. I slowly moved as far back as possible, standing by the window.

"Gar! Y/n! A door!" Rachel suddenly yelled running towards a wall.

"Uh- Rachel, that's a wall." I stated raising an eyebrow walking towards her.

"Look!" She exclaimed bending down.

"Rachel, look." Gar said opening the curtains and laughing happily "They came."

I looked out to see Kory, the ex-wonder girl from before and Jason standing between them in his Robin suit. I gave a small smile and wave, hoping he saw. There were two other people there too but I didn't recognize them.

"We have to get to them before my father does." Rachel said as she and Gar rushed towards the wall-door.

"Uh huh." I muttered giving one last glance at the group outside before following them through.

"Oh- you were right, it is a door." I admitted looking at Rachel.

We dashed around a corner, as fast as we could, trying to make sure we outran Dick.

"Hurry!" Rachel yelled to us.

"What do you think we're doing!" I panted.

We ran down some metal stairs, I tightly gripped the hand-rail to avoid slipping.

"Real life horror movie! Real life horror movie!" Gar exclaimed.

Suddenly a bright light flashed and my mind was transported to somewhere else entirely...