Erebus and Tempest

TW: This chapter contains an overkill amount of gore and mentions of sex and suicide. Please skip this one if you are uncomfortable with any of these things. If you are struggling with suicide or self-harm please seek help. My dm's are always open to people if they want to vent (I may not answer however but sometimes just venting can help), if you are having suicidal thoughts please call your countries suicide helpline.

I sit down in the training room, trying to get away with ignoring Dick as he goes on about some fighting move or whatever, I slink over to the side of the room to be where my phone and water bottle are to pretend to be drinking water when really, I was checking texts from my best friend of whom I'd been leaving on read for the past few days.

Bes Frien: Y/n/n

Bes Frien: Y/n/n?

Bes Frien: Y/n/n I swear to God, if you don't answer me right this minute I'm hunting you down, politely knocking on the door and waiting for you to answer then stealing your phone, hitting you in the head with it and then making you eat it!

Bes Frien: ...

Me: You draw the line at trespassing?

Bes Frien: Omg hi your alive! Why weren't you answering meee?

Me: I was busy

Bes Frien: Too busy for your best friend?

Me: Yes.

Me: Also, who said you're my best friend?

Bes Frien: Rat.

Bes Frien: Also, you... and your phone contacts which I'm looking at right now on my computer.

Me: Dude! I told you to stop doing that! It's a breach of my privacy.

Bes Frien: What privacy?

Me: The one you're violating by hacking my phone!

Bes Frien: Ha-ha, no I'm not. See we're best friends so I can't violate your privacy.

Me: I hate you so much.

Bes Frien: Love you too.

Bes Frien: Anyway, you still in San Francisco?

Me: Yeah, why?

Bes Frien: Great me too, wanna hang out? Like right now?

Me: Why are you even in San Francisco?

Bes Frien: Because you are. Now we gonna hang out or not?

Me: Oh no I have so much to do I really can't- Of course we are dumbass, just gotta convince someone to cover for me because I doubt suck-a-dick-head will let me just leave in the middle of training.

Bes Frien: Just say you got your period.

Me: Gross. No.

I felt a head peer over my shoulder as I turn my phone off.

"Thirsty, are we?" Jason asks as I place my water bottle down.

"Shut up. Did you actually read my messages?" I ask putting my phone in my pocket.

"Just the end part." He shrugged.

"Okay well, you wanna cover for me so I can hang out with my very good friend?" I request leaning in and batting my eyelashes jokingly.

"Piss off Dick and remain on your good side? Of course." Jason agreed.

"Great I'll go quickly change and go, thank you so much!" I quietly exclaim, wrapping him in a quick hug.