Chapter Ten

I held on for dear life as my torso was being crushed. "Pudding! Too tight!" Pudding's laugh rang through the air as she tied my corset. "Nonsense. It's not tight enough in my opinion. But since you're not used to wearing them I'm giving you breathing room." I nodded and took short breaths. She slipped my dress over my body and I smiled at my reflection. 

"You are right, this dress is to die for!" I twirled a bit to see my back

"You are right, this dress is to die for!" I twirled a bit to see my back. Pudding slipped my heels on while I stared in awe at myself. "Alright, we need to get out there now! Mama will be mad if we are late." I followed Pudding and Brulee down the hall. Cracker waited at the door for me and the girls. Katakuri had already walked with his groomsmen, now it was my turn. My father hadn't bothered to actually show up, so Cracker was walking me. It felt odd holding his arm when he was so much taller than me. Brulee and Pudding walked out first, when we walked out silver confetti was thrown from above. Everyone was cheering as Cracker handed me off to Katakuri. 

Instead of a kiss, I made him kneel down to my height and I planted a kiss on each of his cheeks and one on the tip of his nose. Mama seemed disappointed in the exchange, but that instantly changed when she realized she could have cake. I yelped when hands grabbed my thighs. My racing heart slowed when I realized it was Katakuri. He placed me on his shoulder as we descended the tower of cake. He didn't stick around for the reception, with me on his shoulder he weaved through the halls till he found his tea room. Only then did he set me down, and I felt my heart sink after he put me down. He opened the door and I grinned. 

"You really had the chef set an entire buffet of desserts aside for us?" He didn't say anything as I walked past him. He locked the door and sat down. "Could you do me a favor?" His brow quirked upwards. "Release me from this damn prison your sisters put me in!" I unzipped the back of my dress and pointed to the corset. His low chuckle had my face heating up. "Alright," I stood between his legs with my back to him. As soon as it was loosened I took a deep breath. "Holy shit I can breathe again." I quickly unclasped the front of the corset and let him pull it out from the back. "Can you zip my dress back? I'll change later on." I didn't receive a response, but I felt his cool fingers graze my back as he zipped it back. "Thank you. I swear next time Pudding even thinks of putting me in one of those I'm going to tie her with the strings!" 

I sat down on the opposite couch letting my body relax. Katakuri got up and brought over a large tray filled with doughnuts and I could feel my stomach rumble. He sat down and let out a heavy sigh. His hands pulled his signature scarf off his neck and my jaw dropped. Katakuri seemingly froze at my response to his face. His cheeks had stitched scars reaching to the corners of his mouth, and two sets of fangs poke out of his mouth. 

Third person pov

All of the self-control left Y/n's body as the loudest squeal left her and she sprung up from her spot. Katakuri's Kenbunshoku Haki did not warn him of what her reaction would be. But he certainly did not expect his face to be trapped between his wife's hands as she excitedly squeezed his cheeks. "You are so fucking cute!" Katakuri simply blinked in shock. "What?" The word fell out as a whisper, Y/n stopped what she was doing and leaned back to look him in the eyes. "What do you mean by 'what'?" she studied his face as she let him go. "I said you are cute! You made it seem like you were going to be a scary monster or some shit!" Katakuri's brows furrowed as he moved Y/n off of him. Slowly Y/n's self-control filtered back into her as she stood up. "I'm not cute." Y/n stretched her back out and smoothed out her dress. "Katakuri. Take a good look at me. If I say you are cute, you are fucking adorable." Katakuri's eyes fell over her form as it seemed to wobble and her body changed colors. 

Y/n's original form had changed over the years she had grown. Her skin was still the same pale shade of gray. The black specks that were under her eyes slowly drooped down into sharp lines down her cheeks. Her black horns had grown and curled upwards, and her eyes had a dark red hue to them. Her wings sprouted outwards and could swallow her body whole. Katakuri's eyes widened as he took in his wife's body. Her body was much more relaxed in its original form, and he could tell. "Now that you see me, you know why I call you cute. Because I truly am a monster." His lips twitched as he smirked. "The sexiest damn monster I've seen." Y/n's gaze snapped up to meet his and both of them could feel their own embarrassment heating their bodies. "Don't you ever hide your face from me again." Her demand made him grin happily. "Same goes for you too. No more hiding." Both of them agreed and started to chow down on the sweets left for them. 

Word count: 960