chapter 5

Adrianna

I close the car door as I quietly and peacefully close my eyes and gripping tight to my purse and bag, groaning through the pain.

I should change into slippers when I get inside.

I pass by some coworkers, guessing most of them are coming back from they're lunch break.

I pass by security, nodding to Milo, our front desk security guard as he sends me a smile, opening the door for me.

"Thank you." I mouth to him as he just silently nods with a small smile.

I scan my company ID card as I walk in through the other sets of doors. So many fucking doors.

I get to the elevator, waiting with the other workers for the elevator.

Pain was shooting up my leg, feeling the bandage bleeding through. I glance around trying to distract my brain from this pain.

"Good afternoon, Director."

I shift my head to whoever's voice and see Keegan. "Good afternoon, Keegan."

The strap on my purse tightened in my hand. "You just getting to work?" She asks as people start to stare at us. Nosy people.

"Yes." I respond, ignoring the eyes that are obviously putting more tension between me and Keegan.

"Oh, wow, really?" She opens her mouth as a shock leaves her. Wow to my ass.

My fucking foot is killing and the only thing running through my head is smacking you across the face with my purse and smashing you're head against the wall. Admiring possible screaming of pain on your fucking face-"You?"

"Oh, me?" She laughs looking to the side, brushing her hair behind her shoulder. "I got here since 4 in the morning today. Needed to get some work done and sent to the administrators before the deadline."

She pauses as I can feel her eyes, gliding up and down on me. This bitch and her-

"Did you not send any work to the administrators yet?" She asks.

The elevator finally arrived, as people start getting on. Elevators lately have been saving me.

My head slightly turns to her as I glance her up and down. "No, I did." I answer her dumbass question, letting a pause, letting her take in her stupid competition of this.

"A week ago." Oh no. Her eyes suddenly darkened. "I just submitted the next weeks commissions last night, actually early morning." I bring my purse strap to my shoulder.

"Because yesterday I worked from 4 to 2. 4 in the morning all the way to the next morning at 2...in the morning." I calmly say, raging internally at my foot because I so badly want to fucking sit but this bitch had to start some shit and now my fucking pride has to stick up to this bitch because she is a one nasty ass person.

"So excuse me, Ms. Smith about being late to work. But as you can see my department is not under you. So I best say to you, you should start working from 4 to 2 as well." I almost bitch at her even more. "Your department might get behind."

As I looked her in eyes, seeing her blink so many times as she gets put on edge from me, I see a man catch my attention.

Mr. Archer. Our fantastic boss.

"I'll send you the best of luck. Make sure get it in before deadline, Keegan." I walk—limp—my way over to the elevator as most of my workers under my department were in the elevator.