Chapter 3

Adrianna

This bar was a local but there weren't many people as I thought. We get seated in this small booth as I put my coat aside.

I check Mr. Archer and see him looking at the menu so I take my chance to look around. This bar was unusually quiet with two old gentlemen at the bar, a young couple near the window, and a woman laughing and talking with the person behind the counter.

"What would you guys like to drink today?"

"I'll have a Black Russian." Mr. Archer says as soon as the server comes up to us.

He then looks back at me but I turn my eyes to the server. "I'll have a Martini, please." And his eyes don't move away from me.

"Alright, the drinks will be out very soon." the server beamed as he walked away.

"A Martini?" Mr. Archer rests his arms across the table.

"Yes. Very much a cocktail woman as so do you with a coffee mouth." I cross my legs under the table, leaning back.

"What can you say, the coffee taste never leaves." he plops himself back as his perfect tie annoys me.

"That's revolting, if I may say." my eyes peer down his tie that matched nicely with his suit. His entire existence annoys me. But like I can say anything to my boss.

The corner of his mouth rises as a smirk look fits his face.

We continued to stare at each other with soft classic music playing in the back. I've never had a single conversation with him but I'm already sick of this man.

A man I barely encounter and only meet eyes frequently during meetings. That's it.

And suddenly we run into an elevator and we both leave work very late at night at the same time, then watch a movie together, and now we're in a bar right beside our workplace.

"Do you know who I am?" Curiosity suddenly beats within me.

He drops his head. A smile crosses his face. He smiles with his eyes. "Usually, it's the other way around but yes. Yes, I do." He peers up with his face more relaxed than before.

"How?" I dart another follow up question.

"Cause' I'm the one who hired you, Ms. Clarke." I flinch at his sudden confession that I was not expecting.

"You hired me?" I hesitate. "But I didn't see you at the-"

"Because I hired you before the screening. I was eyeing your work long before, it brought words and thoughts I never I would have while reading."

This is when, where I understand the meaning of 'boss' or 'chairman'.

An article a few years ago, when the company was starting to get more attention, that affected other companies. They were losing investments and viewers. So they tried to ruin our company image by targeting the chairman.

It was of course his image that they targeted. Saying that he is a human being that is a disgraced sexist scandalous and an impolite being. Of course, they've got proven wrong except one.

Which is, impolite.

It wasn't valid because it was who he was and was never on the innocent. He is ignorant but he knows at least when to be ignorant is what articles had wrote and people tend to misunderstood him.

Usually it's scandals he gets into with actress' or artists and try to 'backlash' him with their agency.

All the rumors around the company and the world understood that was who he was; a normal impolite human being. People just had to remind themselves that they have to be careful and make no mistake near him.