Chapter 2

Adrianna

I go through my purse and find one cigarette left. Relief explodes in my heart, letting it feel like it beats again.

I grab a random lighter in my car compartment and get out of my car. I go to the edge of the parking lot floor and light my cigarette in the empty parking lot.

I rest my elbow on the ledge as I watch the movie theater across the street, play different trailers on a big screen. "Interesting..."

I seep once more in my cigarette, letting my eyes close themselves and feel the heaviness lift off my body. But something was blocking it. Something was still interrupting my pure relaxation.

I drop my head down, looking down my body, seeing what's blocking my relaxation. I spot my heels.

Huh.

I kick off my heals and feel the height drop, letting the foot of my heel drop to the cold concrete floor. Sinking in the coldness, the tensions in the back of my calves drop and vanish in cold air.

I groan between my clenched teeth as comfort re-enters my body.

After a few puffs, I stub out my finished cigarette and walked back to my car. I get in my car and try to find some pair of shoes that I threw in the back of car.

I find some old pair of slippers. The only ones were ones from college. I slide them on before getting back into the car.

And I start heading home.

I reach a red light and roll down my window as I let out a hand out, out of the window. Enjoying the Boston air flow past my hand. I move my head out the window, resting my head on the edge of the window and my eyes meet the board screen of the movie theater.

I probably should go home and get to sleep, finishing up my missed sleep hours. A movie wouldn't hurt. The light finally switches to green and I make a U-turn.

* * *

"What movie would you like to see today, Ms. Clarke?" The ticket person asks.

"The most recent one please." I start to pull out my wallet out of my bag.

"The recent one as always, Ms. Clarke." he grabs the ticket and sliding it under the glass screen. "This will be the Black Panther movie. You won't regret it."

"Thanks, Terry." I send him a smile.

"Oh, Ms. Clarke!" I pause my way into the entrance. "Today, we ran out of caramel popcorn." he makes a grim face.

"Guess, it's just M&M's today." I sigh, walking into the theater.

I buy some M&M's and head into theater. It was empty since it's so late at night.

This movie theater is open until the late afternoon and closes fairly early in the morning. It was a bit upsetting in the city when the theater opened up from the weird opening and closing hours.

But it was a complete joyful feeling in our building because we would always worked late. So we either went to a club, bar, or this movie theater for company dinners.

Today it was just me working late.

I take the middle seat to the third row back. The best view when alone.

Two packs of M&M's have a significance to its number of quantities in a movie. You need one for during the middle of the movie when you get excitement in movies as your emotions rise. Then you need one for the end when it either ends in joyfulness or sadness.