Chapter 6

Finally, warmth. Grian had never thought he'd feel it anymore. He didn't want to get up. He didn't even want to open his eyes. The dark abyss gave a sort of...comforting feeling. Like he wasn't alone. Unfortunately for him, his eyes had to open since the warmness was becoming boiling-hot-ness.
Grian was met by an obsidian 8 by 8 room with some lava at the front. Looking around, there was a bed, a book holder, and to his right there was a little pool of water. He didn't even notice the one beside him before they spoke.
"W-this isn't supposed to happen!"
Grian looked up to see a person(?), their face scarred and burned to the point some of his gums and teeth around what was left of his cheeks was showing. He had curly dirty blonde hair and those eyes- bright green, alluring and mysterious.
"Huh?..." Grian slumped up weakly and spread his wings. Running in his limbo seemed to not be connected to his living self, since he felt just as weak before. "Who are you? Where am I?"
The person, now infront of him hesitated just a bit before putting on a smile.
"I'm dream, and you're in the prison."
Prison?! Was this guy a criminal? What had he done to be in such a place?
"Yeah, I know what you're think. I'm not a criminal. I was framed. My cell mate just died of sickness and I wanted to get him back, since he's the only company I had." Dream held out his hand.
He seemed genuine enough.
Grian though before shaking Dream's hand.
"My name is Grian. I died- I think? I don't remember how and well, I ended up here." He didn't want to give away too many details.
"Wait- Grian? Don't you build like huge, amazing structures back in hermitcraft, right?"

Oh right, he was famous.

"I guess, yeah." He chuckled. Dream seemed nice and all-and yeah he seemed genuine and curious-but something was up.
"Wow, you look a lot different than what I've seen." Grian guesses he was right. No one who had met him had expected him to be that short, or to wear glasses, or to be half bird.
"Yeah, I get that a lot." Was all Grian said. "Anyways, what server are we in?"
"Right- you're in the Dream smp." The Dream smp? Wasn't this a generally peaceful server? At least that's what he heard.

Before he could reply, the lava opened up to an obsidian bridge where a man wearing some kind of casino outfit and a beanie covering his most likely shitty mullet. he had a long scar on his face which looked like it blinded that eye.

Grian turned to dream to see that he looked scared, curling up onto the wall.
"that's Quackity. He's a very, very bad man. Don't trust him."
As the bridge came to a stop, Quackity walked into the cell. he glanced between the two, then finally opened his mouth.
"So Dream, Who's this?"
Dream squared up. "This is Grian. He died, but I brought him back to life."
"Grian?? The builder? No one said you died. Then again, we haven't gotten an announcement from your sever in a few months." The scarred man muttered the last part to himself.
Months? hadn't it been years? it certainly felt like that in the limbo.
"None the less, Welcome! Sorry that he-" Quackity glared daggers at dream, "Was your first taste of the smp. We're not all like him."
this solidified Grian's suspicions. No one would say that kind of thing about someone unless he was some kind of bad guy.
Quackity held his hand out. "I'm Quackity. Owner of las Nevadas." Grian shook his hand.
"now, would you like to get out of here? Dream here isn't the best company, trust me."
"uhm... sure." Quackity helped Grian as he stood up, wobbling a bit. It had been a while since he had stood up in the living world.

After they had gone through the rest of the prison-which Grian had figured out it was called Pandora's vault- and the warden Sam, The two started the long journey to Las Nevadas.
During that, Quackity gave him a tour of the server. Grian saw how different the world was to what they were told, and how different it was to his own world.
L'manberg, Snowchester, the Community Hub, "Heaven", it was all so...different.
why am I even thinking this? of course it's different! he would think, but it wasn't the different that he was used to.
He was under the notion that the Dream smp was a nice and peaceful place but no, the wars there were true wars, not like the wars he had started. As they went on, Quackity talked about the history.
Turns out dream wasn't the nice guy he was led to believe, as the things he had done were to say the least, bad. Almost killing a kid for a netherite chest plate? The things he was told made him completely change his view on the "nice guy" he once met.

They met some others on the way, Quite the characters. First was Wilbur, who looked...deceased? maybe he had gone through the same thing. Wilbur and Quackity were tense during the entirety of the conversation.
Then came Tubbo, in SnowChester, whom seemed nice enough. Something...worrying that Grian noticed was his slurred speech and overall drunkenness? ish? He didn't want to think about it.

~~~

When they finally got to Las Nevadas, Grian was impressed. It was one of the bigger places, and was surprisingly neat for the server.

"Hello, Quackity from Las Nevadas! Hello...Who are you?" A slime in the same kind of uniform Quackity was wearing greeted them.
"Hello Charlie. Grian, This is Charlie. Charlie, Meet Grian." Quackity acquainted the two. "Grian is our new guest."
"ooh, that's nice! Should i get him a room?" Charlie asked.
"of course."
And so, the slime brought his new friend to his room.
"Here you go Mr. Grian! Your new room- for now at least." Charlie smiled. "Get comfy!" The smile closed the door as he left.
The room was a decent size, with a grey and white bed in the middle and two nightstands on there was a window right above the bed and a dresser against the left wall with a mirror attached to it. On the right wall, there was a door, presumably leading to a bathroom.
It quite reminded him of a hotel room.
Grian jumped on the bed. it had been so long since he'd been this comfortable.
It's nice, isn't it? Who was that? Grian perked up and glanced around.
It's me dummy, the ghost. I'm YOU.
Oh. He didn't have time to deal with this.
Grian sat up on the bed, then looked to the mirror.
Was that him?!
Grian rushed to the mirror to get a good look at himself.
He was pale and looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks. His hair was matted and lost all shine, and at the front, was one white streak. Just like Wilbur.
He couldn't help but to yelp from the frightening sight. Quackity walked in to see what was going on.
"is everything ok?" He asked.
He didn't have his shirt on, probably undressing when he heard the scream. his wings were out, which surprised grian. Who knew he had wings? Sure, they were underdeveloped and were certainly in need of stretching from probably being binded so long, but still.
"Oh yeah- i'm fine. just thought I saw something. I'm gonna go clean myself up." Grian chuckled.
"Ok, well after can you help me with something?" He gestured to his wings.
"Oh- right- sure!" Grian replied, "Just give me a minute."
"Thanks." Quackity smiled warmly, maybe out of embarrassment, or maybe out of pure friendship.

~~~
Hello! I'm so sorry this took me so long, it was midterms. but yeah, here you go! just some nice friendly friends being friends!

-Pancake