Chapter 18

Pearl explained everything. Well, mostly everything.

He had lived lives, dozens of them. Again and again, he had lived and died, loved and lost. And yet, he continually found himself with the same people, again and again.

It seemed to be that yes, they were siblings, but not exactly. They've been siblings in every other life, till now, at least.
Phil and techno left to let the two be.
So now, it was just him and the person he had spent years with, never knowing.

"How did you even end up here?" Grian asked, breaking the silence.
"I Fell into the true end trying to figure out where the migraines and where my own dreams came from." She replied, settling down onto the purple grass as her wolf trotted around the two.
"Right." He paused. "Well how do we get out? We both know what's going on, right?"
Pearl sighed. "That's the problem, I don't know how to get out."

Oh great. Now he's stuck there. They probably think he's dead in the dream smp, and who knows what's going on in hermitcraft! They've moved on, they have to have.
Grian's eyes subconioualy started going to the book. That damned book.

Pearl seemed to notice, and brought the book over. B
"Oh yeah, here." She tossed it to him.

Out of curiosity, he tried to open the book. Flipping to the chapter of evolution, he couldn't get father than a couple pages before he felt that pull to close it, but it was enough.
"Do you ever think that someone doesn't want us to read this?" He gave it back over to Pearl.
"Why?"
"I just- no reason." She probably wouldn't know l
Pearl examined the book, then opened it. "I wonder what's in this, if you're right."
Her eyes started scanning over the words, brows furrowing. Suddenly, she threw the book on the floor and gripped her hand on her head.

Grian panicked. Crap, what can he do? She was crouched on the ground.
"Get the.. The- uh- The Blue potion!" Pearl shouted and gritted her teeth.
Grian ran over and grabbed the glowing blue potion popping it open as he ran back to Pearl. She grabbed it, chugging down the bottle.

As she finished, a wave of relief washed over the two. Pearl had laid on the ground. She was recovering.

Back to the silence. Grian looked at Pearl, this random girl he met in an unfamiliar realm. It had only been a day, but he was starting to think that she was telling the truth. She was his sister.

"So...what does the potion even do? I've never seen one like that."
"Hm? Oh- the potion!" Pearl sat up. "It's made to help with headaches."
"Isn't there already a potion for that?"
Pearl looked through the glass and moved the water droplets around. "This one helps with headaches that aren't caused by- well- your head." It seemed that they both knew what she was talking about.

"...did you at least find something in the book?"
Pearl's brows knot. She did, didn't she.
"What was it?" Grian asked. His adrenaline rushed through him.
"We were the players of Evolution."

~~~~
Hey ya'll, im so sorry for taking so long, Marching Band season has been wild, plus some personal stuff. I don't think I'll touch this book for a month or so, just to figure some stuff out with my bf. Short chapter, see you guys next time :)

Don't forget to vote and comment, have a great day/night guys and girls and breakfast foods!

-Pancake