Chapter 19

Tommy watched as Xisuma and Joe discuss his code. He was propped up on a table with Mumbo beside him.
Joe was a weird guy, kind of a cryptid. Probably a god. He never a talked to Joe that much, but he seemed nice enough. Tommy remembered seeing a weird award about being sexy in his base?? Who knows, he's Joe.

Even under the bulky helmet, Xisuma looked distressed, like something was wrong. He and joe exchanged glances. Tommy turned over to Mumbo, who certainly noticed the weird looks.

"What? What's wrong with him?" Mumbo asked.
"Well..." Xisuma stuttered, "you know what, just come look." He waved for Mumbo to come look at the screen.
What was wrong? Why couldn't they just tell him?
Tommy was getting agitated as he tried to listen to their hushed tones and worried whispers. He was impatient.
"Ok, what the fuck is happening over there?! Why do you guys seem so upset?" He eventually blurted out.
Oh shit, right, no swearing.

"Well-" xisuma tried to scold the boy for his language before joe jumped in.
"There are bits of your code missing. Things like your death mechanic and how you interact with other players, it's all messed up. You're in the log, but almost looks like you're on spectator mode, or like you're a ghost. Any player who seems to touch you gets glitched out, it's almost contagious."

"Wait- how did I hug him though? It lasted a good bit too, and I'm not glitched." Mumbo asked xisuma.
X looked confused. "You never told us this, Mumbo? That makes no sense, you would've..."

Tommy didn't hear the rest of it, he just started overthinking.A ghost?! Like Ghostbur? Was it because he wasn't meant to be here? Was he made wrong? This never happened in the dream smp.

"WHAT?!" It all culminated to a high pitched shout. He jumped down and ran to the screen with his code in it. The other's moved out of his way.

Now, Tommy didn't understand much about code, but he could see what was wrong. The screen had Mumbo's code pulled up aside of his, to compare what was wrong he guessed. Whereas Mumbo's death code looked fine(at least he hoped so), Tommy's had jumbled up characters inserted randomly into it. So did other pets of his code, when he asked to pull up what else was weird.
He glanced over to Mumbo. Had that white streak always been that large? He needed to ask him later.

"Was that always how it was?" Tommy asked, somewhat about his code and somewhat about his friend's hair.
Xisuma paused for a moment. "Probably not, but we would need records of your old code from your old server, which we don't have."

Oh shit, he was gonna have to ask Dream for it, wasn't he?
"Wait- Waitwaitwait. Can't you like, just change it back?!"

"I need a copy of the original, which we don't have,"Xisuma shook his head in disappointment.

What.
The fuck.
Why were admins and coding so difficult.
Good gods.

"Your old admin was, dream, right? We could get in touch with him probably." Joe muttered.

"Nahhhh, I don't think you'd want that." Tommy tried to change the subject, or at least get them to not contact the server.

"No, I think we would." Joe continued.

"No, you shouldn't." There was no way around this, was there?

~~~

Hello everyone! I'm back :) sorry it took me so long, but everything's been somewhat solved till now. The updates are still gonna be a little slower, but they're back. I'm doing ok! Thanks to everyone who gave me sweet messages, love y'all! 
Have a great day/night guys and girls and all the breakfast foods! :3
-Pancake