41 | "The Power of Two"

2029

U.A. High School, Assassination Class

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

It's been a week since the summer break ended. It's the first day of another school week where I was living an ordinary life, a life of an average senior highschooler.

I yawned and rested my head on my desk. Good thing I was in the last seat of the last row and the seat next to me was empty. What's best, the tall and handsome Lan Wangji, the most popular guy in school, was sitting in front of me. I was spared of my classmates' attention and can sleep because their focus, if not on themselves, was on him. I wore my earphones, played Radwimps' "Nandemonaiya" in my MP3 player and closed my eyes. 

🎶Futari no aida toorisugita kaze wa
Doko kara sabishisa wo hakondekita no. . .

Korosensei, our homeroom teacher, came in along with a short but beautiful boy. He faced the class and grinned his evil grin.

"Class, meet your new classmate from Prison School. Kindly introduce yourself, son," he urged the boy.

The boy raised his right arm. "Yo! I'm Rimuru Tempest. You can call me Rimuru for short."

Some of the girls giggled as they whispered about his bishie (pretty boy) look while others acted cool to leave a good impression on him.

"You may take the vacant seat at the back, Rimuru," Kurosensei instructed.

"Yosh."

🎶Mou sukoshi dake de ii ato sukoshi dake de ii mou sukodhi dake de ii kara
Mou sukoshi dake de ii ato sukoshi dake de ii mou sukoshi dake kuttsuite iyou yo. . .

Rimuru casually walked in the middle of two rows, smiled at the student who shyly waved at him, and stopped in the seat beside me. He put down his bag and took a seat. Instead of being attentive in class though, he turned to look at me.

I suddenly had this illogical basic feeling that I was being watched. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked.

Chin on hand, a boy with innocent golden yellow eyes and beautiful long hair the color of the unclouded blue sky filled my eyes. And he let himself get caught watching me.

I don't know why but I was suddenly reminded of Master Oogway's quotable quote in Kung Fu Panda that says, There are no accidents.

Which means we are link with the person we are meant to meet. And we meet this person for a reason.

When our eyes met, the cute boy smiled at me, his eyes disappeared as he smiled.

I smiled back, closed my eyes again, and resumed sleeping.

🎶Bokura taimu furaiyaa toki wo kakeagaru kuraimaa
Toki no kakurenbo hagurekko wa mou iya nanda

Nande mo nai ya yappari nande mo nai ya
Ima kara iku yo

The End

---

After Ending Scene

Somewhere in nowhere inside Karai Kaiju, Ryuu Kaiju and the lovesicle vendor were lying on a giant hammock hanging between two luscious trees and swinging gently as they eat lovesicles. It was a lazy morning, the birds were singing, the summer breeze blowing, and the sun was giving off an energizing warmth and bright light.

"THIS THING IS DELICIOUS!" Ryuu said after tasting the lovesicle. He and the lovesicle vendor has one full heart each. "No wonder the pair who eats this fall in love."

"Nah. The love doesn't really begin in the lovesicle," said the lovesicle vendor while licking her treat. "The love comes from the heart. It's just a matter of discovering that the heart is there and that it can make you feel something. Not just your heart, but the other person's, too. Then you decide to share it with each other and soon enough they will beat as one."

"So we're not..." Ryuu pointed at each of them, "gonna fall in love, right? 'Cause we don't share a lovesicle?"

"That's - a horrible, HORRIBLE thought!" exclaimed the lovesicle vendor and took a bite. "We're two super different beings. We can't fall in love. Also, love doesn't always have to be romantic. And it has its benefit, too. See, we don't have to share our lovesicles."

"Hmm," Ryuu nodded. "The perks of being single. So friends forever vow over lovesicle? 'Cause we're like stuck here in this nowhereland together forever and ever."

"Don't say stuck together. Meant to be stuck together sounds nicer. Cheers." They clinked their lovesicles and resumed eating. The Martinis song, "FREE", started playing in the background.

🎶 Omnipresent phrase in my mind
Spoken word I've said one million times
Who are you to tell me it'll always be this way
I close my eyes and I turn around
And leave it all behind

"So free for the moment!" Ryuu sung along.

"Lost somewhere between the earth and the sky," the lovesicle vendor followed. Then they belted out the song together. "SO FREEEE..."

🎶 for the moment
Lost because I wanna be lost
Don' try to find me. . .

"The Power of Two" | 20190731