31| "The End of Summer"

EARTH 2101

At the beginning of the twenty-second century, onset of summer, the Earth was decreed under INFERNO—the worst calamity stage resultant of extinction. During this period, the sun started freezing in the state of scorching and all-consuming heat. The protections built and invented can no longer subdue the sun's hell-hot intensity.

The lands and water were engulfed by a sea of fire. A great fire. The world turned into a burner and largely became the people's crematorium.

Survivors believed that this was the atonement for the sins of the world that delivered nature to destruction. An atonement brought by the anger of the newly-awake I (i). And ninety nine percent of the population, mainly adults, was annihilated by this I. The SUN.

And after that I, this period was named. The Sun Era.

The Earth's surface being dead was christened mere Ground. The Ground was barren, in regular condense heat and combustion, the bodies of water boiling, volcanoes constantly erupting. A place where no living thing can survive.

What of the people then?

In the deepest darkest pit, the Grounders, the new Earthlings, live in hiding from the punisher Sun.

And in the pit of the cold, cold Dirt, they live. With their so-called Redeemers, they live. Where the Sun's wrath cannot reach them and snuff their breath out of them.