chater 18

It’s the rush hour, the sky is not yet dark, the road is full of traffic, the sound of horns keeps coming and going, people on the road are in a hurry, just want to go home as soon as possible to enjoy the rare weekend.

In front of the resplendent Ansan Hotel, there were more private cars in the parking lot earlier than usual, as if some grand banquet was being held here.

Lu Xi got out of the car, closed the door behind his back, straightened his skirt, and walked towards the hotel entrance with a blank expression.

Today is the 80th birthday party of the Wen family’s grandmother, and the Wen family made a big deal of it, inviting all the famous people in Rongcheng.

As the granddaughter “adopted” by the Wen family, Lu Xi must be indispensable in such an occasion.

Lu Xi didn’t have any expression on his face, and he walked steadily all the way, but he was extremely depressed in his heart.

After attending Shen Yu’s reception banquet last time, this time she was going to attend the birthday banquet of an old lady she didn’t know at all.

She just wants to lie on a small bed in the dormitory by herself, is it so difficult! ?

I have to say that rich people are really arrogant, they can put out a banquet no matter what.

Lu Xi muttered silently, feeling like he could predict his own future. This is the old lady of the Wen family’s birthday and she is going to attend a birthday banquet. Next time she might appear at a wedding banquet, a hundred-day banquet, if If anyone related to the Wen family died, she might appear at the funeral…

Just thinking about it makes one’s legs go weak.

Under the leadership of the waiter, Lu Xi walked up to the second floor. For this birthday banquet, the Wen family booked all the second and third floors of the hotel. The second floor is used to entertain guests, while the third floor is for eating later. cafeteria.

At this time, a lot of people had gathered in the lobby on the second floor, and Lu Xi saw an old lady sitting on a sandalwood chair in the lobby, surrounded by a crowd of guests.

She was wearing a silk dress with a small cape on her shoulders. She was very elegantly dressed, with a decent smile on her face all the time. Her silver-gray hair was neatly combed and tied into a bun behind her head. Even though he was eighty years old and was an out-and-out old man, when Lu Xi saw her, he was still amazed.

With a second glance, Lu Xi saw Wen’s father, Wen’s mother, and Wen Qingmo who were closest to the old lady.

At any rate, seeing someone he knew, Lu Xi’s nervous mood relaxed a little.

The sharp-eyed Mother Wen saw her first, and immediately waved to Lu Xi with a smile: “Xiao Xi, come here quickly.”

Lu Xi took a deep breath, put on a lively smile, squeezed through the crowd, and walked quickly to Wen’s grandmother.

“Come on, Xiaoxi, let me have a look,” the old lady smiled kindly and took Lu Xi’s hand, letting her sit beside her, “Oh, Xiaoxi has grown so big, I miss you back then. When I came to Wen’s house, I was still a child…”

As she spoke, she patted Lu Xi’s head again.

Lu Xi sat obediently and let her touch it. Such a kind old man would inevitably remind her of her grandma and grandma. Lu Xi smiled and presented her present: “Grandma, this is the tea set I bought for you. It’s been a long time since I picked it, so I wish you a happy birthday.”

This is not a lie, Lu Xi originally wanted Jiang Yue to buy it for him, but in the end he chose to pick it himself.

The old lady patted Lu Xi’s gift box with a smile: “Okay, thank you Xiao Xi, it just so happens that my tea set should be replaced, and I will use yours tomorrow.”