7

We all swim back to the shore and lay on our towels to get a tan for a couple of hours. I lay next to Austin and Levi, and we chat. As it begins to get colder and more windy, we start to pack our things away.
"Austin, do you mind if I have some friends round tonight? They won't stay, they're just visiting from Minneapolis," Nate asks.
"Sure, dude," he says.
"Cool," Nate says, pulling his phone out to text whoever it is.
When we get home I put take my hair into braids to keep the long curls out of my face, and get changed into a vest and pyjama shorts.
"Knock knock!" Someone calls.
"Come in," I say, sat on the end of my bed.
"Hey," Drew says.
"Hiya," I say.
"How was earlier?" He asks.
"Huh?"
"With Levi," he sings. I roll my eyes. "What? What did he say?"
"We just chatted," I shrug.
"Oh. So nothing happened?" Drew asks. Of course I'm not going to tell him.
"Nope. I do like him but I've only known you all a day. That would be ridiculous." I say.
"Okay," Drew moans. "Nates got some girls coming over so you won't be so outnumbered."
"Girls?" I ask, surprised. I thought I'd have to deal with even more boys.
"I know, the little minx. We've all met them before but Nate was particularly close with them."
"How many of them are there?" I ask.
"Three. Carmen, Carly and Nadine." He lists.
"That cheeky boy," I laugh. "I always feel awkward with new people anyway,"
"They are nice. If not you can just go and fuck Levi." I mime vomiting. "Or you could just stick with one of us lot. It's okay if you don't get on with them. They will be gone by 3am. Nate will probably go with them."
"Okay," I say.
"There will be drink to make things less awkward, too."
"Oh good," I smile.

A few hours later- after I change back into a nicer casual dress for the guests, there is a knock at the door.
"I'll get it!" Nate shouts, while Austin and I are snuggled on the sofa. I hear a few female voices saying hi, and we all step into the porch to greet them.
"Hi!" Everyone is saying.
"Charlotte, meet Carmen, Nadine and Carly." Nate says.
"Hello, nice to meet you," I smile, greeting each of them with a hug. They're all a similar height to me, and seem to be nice. None of them look like they're at all snobby. This should be alright.
"Should we go in then?" Levi suggests, glancing into the living room.
"Sure," we all agree.
"Who would like a drink?" Drew offers. "Ladies first." He says, directing the offer towards Austin.
"Oh shut up," Austin laughs. We all pick out a drink. There are lots, but I decide to have a vodka.