Chapter 25: Expiration Date

Over the course of a little over a month Sana and I fell into a steady routine, a routine that sadly consisted of us not seeing each other except in class. Volleyball has taken up 75% of my time, 20% goes to homework and the last 5% goes to me being grounded. The JYP High Varsity volleyball team has been kicking ass and taking names only losing one game during the season. Wendy still hasn’t let me talk to her, however, instead completely avoiding my presence she gives me an awkward smile and a cordial ‘hello’, I guess this is what they call progress.

The cons with us winning so many games and working really hard has led to minimal time with my girlfriend who has also been deep in grading papers, tests, and reports. Unfortunately these events have started an ugly cycle of day dreaming during physics. Jennie and Seungmin are constantly trying to get my attention but all I can do is wonder whether or not Sana is wearing underwear and what was once a 96.7 is now a 68.5. To say my coach, girlfriend and parents are disappointed would be an understatement, hence why I’m grounded and not just at home but also with Sana.

From anything sex related that is and I thought it would be easy since we haven’t seen each other but I should never underestimate that woman. She’s been brutal with her outfits at school, the subtle winks, and the very unexpected touches. When Sana left for her birthday cruise the pictures were non stop; bathing suit after bathing suit after boob shot after more boob shots.

Between those unbearable pictures, I was able to dedicate some time to studying and catching up with my friends, that I was surprised mom agreed to.

Sighing, I looked at the clock on my nightstand, grumbling at the ungodly hour reminding me of the little time I had left to sleep. I flipped over to the right. Nope. To the left. No. On my stomach. Definitely not. My back with the covers over my head. Fuck no.

“Jisoos, come on Dahyun.” I hissed, flipping back over on my right side. Willing myself to sleep I shut my eyes and counted backwards from ten...seven fucking times. When that didn’t work I tried music, praying Spotify had a playlist called ‘Why The Fuck Aren’t You Asleep?’.

They didn’t.

As Alina Baraz played through my phone I found myself opening the text thread with Sana. Timid fingers wavered over the letters on the screen as I contemplated texting her. She’d probably be upset since it’s so late or would she be upset that I didn’t reach out to her when I couldn’t sleep. I’m going with the latter. Tapping over the keyboard before I over thought it I sent the message and waited for a response. Alina’s hypnotizing voice was cut off when my phone started vibrating wildly in my hand and as Sana's name lit up on the screen the moisture in my throat evaporated.

“He-” swallowing the small lump forming I tried again. “Hey.”

“I think the question is why are you still up.” her words drifted through the phone, already I feel the tension easing out of my body, well, every part except one.

“Can’t sleep. I feel like I’ve tried everything just short of knocking myself out.” the infectious laugh hugged my senses and I sighed, yes...this is definitely what I needed.

“Have you tried everything?”

Frowning at the emphasis of her words I sat up, pressing my back against the wall.

“Why did you say it like that?” silence on the other end before a throaty chuckle encompassed the line.

“Nothing, never mind. You should get off the phone with me and try to sleep, big day for you tomorrow or I guess it would be later today. What time is Chaeyoung picking you up?” Sana's sudden change in subjects has me confused but I ignored it as I kicked the sheets off my legs, staring at an extremely hard member, a permanent state I’m use to.